Need Help 03 Engine swap stay stock or go with a KB 2.2

mongo57988

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for reading.

Here is what I have:

4.6 Alm block, 03 Ported Heads, GT40 cams, all forged stroker (5.0) Kit. This is all going in a 97 cobra. I have a complete stock 03 Eaton setup here at the house that is already paid for. I can get a ported Eaton for a decent price run what ever pullies I need to get the most HP/TQ.

OR: I can run this 2.2 KB on the setup with what ever pullies I need. The KB will set me back a solid 2500 shipped. Or run a ported Eaton.

I have a complete aftermarket fuel setup (sumped tank) weldon 600 fuel pump all new lines fuel rails and Injectors/Maf as needed.

If you've maxed out the eaton (ported 60lb injectors fuel rails, TB, pullies) what is the HP/TQ from that type of set up.

If you've maxed out the KB (injectors, fuel rails, TB, pullies) what is the HP/TQ from that setup.

THEN THE BIG QUESTION is the HP/TQ Difference worth the 2500 I'd have to spend to make it happen.

Anybody? Chime in give me your EXPIERENCE or OPNION

Thanks.

Invictus

Banned
I think his plans are to go with a roots blower either way, just a question of what combo.

A KB would be awesome, but i'd keep the eaton since it's already paid for and spray it. Use the 2500 that toward your suspension, tires and other goodies.

pony23

Established Member
Sounds like an awsome project. I was going to do the same thing with my 97 but ended up selling the car. Do you have any pics of the progress so far?

Oh yeah, you can always run the Eaton for now and get the Kenne-Bell later if you arent happy with it. A ported Eaton will fetch some money on Ebay.

mike302

03BLKVENM
Established Member
I think his plans are to go with a roots blower either way, just a question of what combo.

A KB would be awesome, but i'd keep the eaton since it's already paid for and spray it. Use the 2500 that toward your suspension, tires and other goodies.

1+ Port and spray will get you 550+HP or even 600+ depending on pulley set up and what gas you put in

With that much power on a sn95 you will need suspension and tires to hook that thing:burnout:

Run that set up for a while take it to the track have fun with it and later on if you feel the need of more speed and power then Twin screw it:rockon:

CobraRyan

Banned
well the eaton will take you to 550 max. Normaly it doesnt make more than 520-30 but you have some engine mods. Run a 200-300 shot on there....oh yeah, fuel and suspension!!

best of both

Established Member
you have a built motor with heads and cams...honestly i say ported eaton with atleast a 200 shot...with the right tires and suspension...you've got an easy 10 sec car maybe even high 9's!

mongo57988

Established Member
Hey guys thanks for all the good suggestions. Here is the total deal I have the KB sitting in my living room (paid for) and the eaton (paid for) but money is tight I also have a zex kit fly by wire with the nano setup I can run pretty much anything at this point. My wife is in her second year of nursing school and I'd feel better getting some money put back in the bank. so I'm just trying to get myself to do the right thing. I was just curious to see what numbers people are getting from the Eaton vs KB setups

I have 18 saleen replicas with Nitto 555r too, plus boxed control arms, sub frame connectors

Last edited:

About2bite

SVTNProgress
Established Member
Why are you guys recommending the Eaton? With his motor I don't think the displacement the Eaton has would really take advantage of what he can get out of it. You guys know the capabilities of the Eaton more than I do but if it were me i'd say spray the twin screw :rockon: :banana: :thumbsup:

Or just spin the hell out of it

:beer:

Last edited:

slo-poc

SKYNET 03
Established Member
seriously....kb with a shot..go big or go home.....You'll be happy you listened toAndrew. and I.trust me...

Users who are viewing this thread