Need Help ASAP

KYLightning02

Established Member
I was driving down the road when I heard a loud pop and pulled over to check what it was and i am pretty sure it is where my Coil Packs go and now when i start my truck it makes a poping sound and when i push on the gas it makes the sound POP POP POP, and smells of gasoline and shakes really bad. But I think the coil pack just isnt in the hole right...Can anyone give me advice on this? I am going to take it to the ford dealership tomorrow morning. I just wanted to hear what you guys thought it was first to make sure my engine didnt blow because i wasnt even WOT when it happened THANKS

KYLightning02

Established Member
Nvr_Spds said:
Yup, sounds like a popped plug.. The dealership is gonna rape you, if you arent under warranty.

Well i am glad to hear its just a sparkplug then because it scared the shit out of me when it happened...and yea i figured the dealership will rape me but i am in NC right now and i live in KY so dont really care as long as its fixed so i can drive home

LightningEd

Established Member
bad news

The plug will not just screw back in. You at worst will need a new head. At best, you can find a kit to insert a new set of threads.

I would raise hell with the dealer just to see if there are other options besides paying from your pocket. This is a well known issue and is documented at Ford.

Good Luck

:bash:

KYLightning02

Established Member
well thanks everyone glad to hear its nothing Too bad to fix :beer: thats about all the info i needed so i had an idea on what to tell them so they dont have to run a thousand tests on it

junioRace

Established Member
Well, you don't have many options. You're going to have to find a dealership to help you. I don't know if they, or anyone in that area, will have the certs or not. But will probably cost you at least $300 to have fixed. Plus you have probably damaged the coil pack.

There is a VERY SLIGHT chance that there might be some threads left. (Like a 0.1% chance....sorry.) If so, you might be able to limp home...but that would be risky. Good luck.

Here's a link to what I would suggest for the repair:

http://fulltorque.com/sparkplug.htm

Skrapmetal

Established Member
And if they don't have inserts and they want you to buy a new head... they're going to charge you more for one stock head than it would cost you to buy a pair of stage II patriot heads.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
have you had the fuel rails off lately? thats what id put my money on if youre smelling gas..... ive done this numerous times. let the truck run and do a visual before you take it to the dealer and pay them $85 to put the fuel rail back on. not saying its not the plug thing, but id check it out.

KYLightning02

Established Member
well i just took it up to the dealership and yea it def threw a plug which sucks because now i am sitting at a friends house waiting on the call to hear if i will need to replace the head or not. I just want to know how much a new head and what ford will charge to have it put on by ford just wanting to know how much to expect to come out of my pocket?

Skrapmetal

Established Member
KYLightning02 said:
well i just took it up to the dealership and yea it def threw a plug which sucks because now i am sitting at a friends house waiting on the call to hear if i will need to replace the head or not. I just want to know how much a new head and what ford will charge to have it put on by ford just wanting to know how much to expect to come out of my pocket?

I believe they'll hit you for about $3000 after it's all said and done.

Definitely give the insert option some consideration, or at the very least some Patriot heads and turn your misfortune into some extra horsepower.

bonehead

F**k SRT10's
Established Member
$3000????!!!!! jesus christ!
KYLightning02- if thats the case, i'll sell you those built heads for close to 1/3 that. lemme know.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I think that's how much the last person who blew a plug said Ford quoted them. I tried searching to double check but I keep getting errors when I try to search. ><

KYLightning02

Established Member
Ok well just got the call from ford and have some GREAT news its just going to need a new coil and plug and he said it still has some thread left on it and the price for everything should be about 275 so i am pretty RELIEVED on that now i was worried

Users who are viewing this thread