Need Help Bad

Painter

Established Member
Need help BAD

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stated earlier that I got tuned from a well known tuner and I found that @120mph I nosedive, anyway I had 3 slightly melted tip plugs. I talked with my tuner and he said there's no way that the tune did that.....he said something else went bad or is not working. I have a BAP , 60#, MAF, ...I checked the wiring on the BAP and its good, I turned the Key and it turns on and stays on...Its set @ 25. I checked the FRPS and no smell of gas....I looked around and saw no vaccuum lines off... I dont know where else to check...Could it be the injectors...hell I dont know what to do. ANY IDEAS GEARHEADS????????

Thanks

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Ok. The first thing I would want to know is what cylinders melted. Are 7 and 8 two of the plugs? Are the cylinders connected in any way to allow for something like a head gasket or vacuum leak? These are questions that need to be addressed.

Let's be realistic too...if you have plugs melting, there is something definitely wrong. And I can relate to you being concerned about the tune...as that is the first place I would look too...after obvious mechanical problems. Have you changed ANYTHING since the tune? Did you have it tuned in cool weather and this problem popped up once it got hot? I would assume the tune was done on a dyno, right? If not, don't stop...don't pass GO...get your butt to a dyno and have it looked at.

If something is wrong with the tune, call your tuner and give him the opportunity to fix it. If you run into resistance, get a 2nd opinion from another tuner.

Finally, have the motor leaked. Find out if there is any damage done. Any competent performance shop can handle that for you if you don't have your own leak tester and compressor.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Great advice.

P.S. - If the last paragraph you mean "Finally, have the motor leak tested." I just mention that because some might be understand. LOL! :)

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
LOL. You're right Bob. Leak TESTED. When someone tells me they leaked their motor, I know what they mean...but others may not!!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BTW Bob...I have an associate visiting CT this week. I talked to her yesterday and she said it was beautiful there. Lucky her...at 5:00 Tuesday when I headed home from work, my car thermometer read 118. My wife's said hers was the same. Hasn't been much cooler all week...and half the valley is on fire.

It's a little warm here.....

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
She's right! Yesterday was gorgeous and today is about the same. Just a bit warmer. I noticed on the news last night that parts of Arizona were reading 118 degrees. It's a drier heat, but HOT none the less. Actually much of the country is experiencing hotter than normal temps. We're in the 80s today but tomorrow it is supposed to jump into the mid 90s. Stay cool buddy!

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Yes...it's drier. But the Monsoon seems to be here early this year. That means humidity. Not like east of the Mississippi, but when it's up around 120 degrees, 30 to 40 % humidity is a real bear. I've been in 95 degree heat with 90% humidity in St. Louis before...and that is miserable. This is worse. But it's only really bad for a couple of months. The rest of the year...and especially the winter...is SPECTACULAR!!

Users who are viewing this thread