need help! cant find part for 2010 Escape 3.0

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
My mother in law needs a TPS sensor for her 2010 escape 3.0 and I cant seem to find one? It's high mileage and out of warranty.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
tried calling a couple dealers, closed obviously. nothing online on the popular ford parts sites...

TTRTH198T is what i found on summit racing?

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I called the local Mazda dealer for an OEM part number:

2010 Mazda Tribute 3.0
Throttle Position Sensor
AJ03-18-911A
$74.28

They have them in stock, in Vancouver, BC.

Last edited:

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
thanks folks i looke dup mazda tribute and mercury mariner and landed on motorcraft DY-968 for $46

mrlrd1

Established Member
Don't buy it!

You NEED the entire throttle body. And... it's on national backorder.

mrlrd1

Established Member
too late, how do you know you need the entire throttle body?

Because I do this for a living. ALL of Ford's electronic throttle bodies (and the associated PCM tuning) are the WORST in the industry, behind VW even. And that's one hell of an accomplishment!!!

The 2010 3.0 Escape failure rate is extremely high which is why the throttle bodies are currently on backorder. Cleaning the carbon deposits in the bore will not fix this one, it has hardware issues.

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
thanks folks i looke dup mazda tribute and mercury mariner and landed on motorcraft DY-968 for $46

BTW you know that does not fit your car right? That is for older cable operated throttle bodies, the one on your Escape is FBW. I just scrapped a warranty one today and there are no serviceable parts on it. You need p/n DS7Z-9E926-D which is on intergalactic backorder.

Zemedici

Established Member
BTW you know that does not fit your car right? That is for older cable operated throttle bodies, the one on your Escape is FBW. I just scrapped a warranty one today and there are no serviceable parts on it. You need p/n DS7Z-9E926-D which is on intergalactic backorder.

with no release date anytime soon it seems.....Junkyard search it OP

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
Yea, not my car. Mother in laws. Wrong part, you guys were right. She's a piece of work anyways. She dumped it at the dealer and they are giving her a loaner, no idea why, it isn't under warranty. I told her good luck, she seems to think it'll be fixed this week. I told her not to hold her breath....or maybe I shouldn'thave. lol.

mrlrd1

Established Member
They got the TB from another dealer. $400+tax and itll be fixed tomorrow morning.

Lucky. I have 3-4 of my customers waiting for these to be released. Ford needs to get their shit together. The list of critical backordered parts is getting outrageous. I guess when you simply can't get parts to fix your new Ford, it truly becomes Found On Road Dead.

Users who are viewing this thread