Need help deciding what Centrifugal blower to go with for my 5.0!

bigriff85

Established Member
Just put a low compression 9:5/1 aluminator in my car and I'm looking at either the Procharger stage 2 D1SC or the Paxton Novi 2200...I have a bap and I haven't ordered injectors yet(i'm sure i'll need somewhere between a 60lb or 80lb) because I'm not sure what pulley size or boost number I could safely run on 93 octane? 13-15psi? Also between the 2 mentioned blowers which one will make more power/torque at identical boost? I'd like to make a bit more than the stock guys would want to go if that's possible or whatever the limit of 93 octane will be safely so whatever that max would be which unit would be better? which will make boost quicker? I keep reading the step up ratios and cfm flow is what to look at and these seem comparable? thanks for the advice/help it's much appreciated! -aj.
ps my car is a manual 3.73 gear...my car previously had a hellion turbo that made 600/600 and was an absolute blast on the street before the stock motor popped and i have since sold the motor and the turbo to go this route w/ the aluminator and a bigger centri...

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I would contact beefcake on here and once you here what he wants for a paxton you will order one. You save a good bit of money that can be used for other things. I would also go with id1000 injector in case you ever decide to go bigger later on. I wish i got them so i can run corn gas but its too late for me. The paxton is a great blower and sounds great as well. You won't be disapointed.

chrisheltra

Established Member
F1.jpg

stang910

Established Member
PM Beefcake about the Paxton. I have one on order that I'm hoping to see this week. His prices can't be beat.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Just put a low compression 9:5/1 aluminator in my car and I'm looking at either the Procharger stage 2 D1SC or the Paxton Novi 2200...I have a bap and I haven't ordered injectors yet(i'm sure i'll need somewhere between a 60lb or 80lb) because I'm not sure what pulley size or boost number I could safely run on 93 octane? 13-15psi? Also between the 2 mentioned blowers which one will make more power/torque at identical boost? I'd like to make a bit more than the stock guys would want to go if that's possible or whatever the limit of 93 octane will be safely so whatever that max would be which unit would be better? which will make boost quicker? I keep reading the step up ratios and cfm flow is what to look at and these seem comparable? thanks for the advice/help it's much appreciated! -aj.
ps my car is a manual 3.73 gear...my car previously had a hellion turbo that made 600/600 and was an absolute blast on the street before the stock motor popped and i have since sold the motor and the turbo to go this route w/ the aluminator and a bigger centri...

what caused the stock motor to go?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
The Paxton is capable of 1000+ hp. Get ahold of beefcake and he will hook you up. I paid under $5500 for my paxton kit, id1000s and remote tuning session from Ken Bjonnes of Lund Racing... Need I say more?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Beef is also removing his ID1000s from his car to step up to a set of 2000's. He said he was going to make someone a sweet deal on them.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
The Paxton is capable of 1000+ hp. Get ahold of beefcake and he will hook you up. I paid under $5500 for my paxton kit, id1000s and remote tuning session from Ken Bjonnes of Lund Racing... Need I say more?

that's a damn good deal, the stage II with the D1 upgrade, injectors, and tune is just under $6300 from lethel.

Users who are viewing this thread