Need help diagnosing my problem

650BlackVnm

Established Member
So 2 days ago I go to start the Cobra, it starts up and right away it's idling funny like it wants to die. Then after about 5-8 seconds the rpm's go up to about 1,400 for about 5 seconds, then it starts idling normal. I noticed the exhaust fumes smelled a lil different, so I shut it off and didn't start it again until yesterday.

Yesterday I start it up again, and right away it shuts off. I start it up again and it fires right up with no idle issues this time. I did notice the fumes again. So I take it out for a drive, and when I got on it the car just jerkes then it goes. It did that a couple times. Then I sopped to grab a bite to eat, and on the way home car was fine, but it seemed like it was a lil sluggish.

So today I go to start it up again and it took me two tries to start. Again I notice the fumes. Driving was fine this time till for the first 10-15 miles then the jerking begins, and the service engine soon light goes off this time. While at a light it begins to idle funny again, and then it just shuts off. It did that to me one more time before I got home. I apologize for the long ass thread just need some help! Any info will help. Thanx.

horspla2000

Established Member
Go to a parts store and look for CRC Mass air sensor cleaner. Remove it and spray it off w the CRC cleaner. Do not try to spray it when its running! The IAB (Idle Air Bypass) or more commonoy known as IAC (Idle Air Control) on top of the inlet plenum near the throttle body right on top. It has one connector and two bolts. Remove it and clean it out w some brake cleaner. Blow it dry w compressed ait if you can. You can reuse the gasket. Retrieve your codes and post them.

650BlackVnm

Established Member
Thanx for all your info fellas. So I pulled the codes today and found out it was the fuel rail pressure sensor code was P0190. So I replaced it and all was good after that. All issues went away. But damn that sensor was pretty pricey, $150 at Ford.

650BlackVnm

Established Member
One more thing. Does anybody know what I have to do on my predator to clear the "service engine soon" light.

Users who are viewing this thread