Need help finding a Cobra worthy of an honorable mention here on SVTP!

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
I've been searching for another Cobra for a while now and I couldn't decide what exactly was worth spending a good amount of my money on, but I've finally come to a conclusion.

I'm looking to buy a super clean, low mileage (Sub 25k miles), Cobra in this order of preference in colors. Hopefully always garaged and not left outside in freezing temperatures.

1. Mineral Grey
2. Sonic Blue
3. Dark Shadow Grey
4. Screaming Yellow
5. Competition Orange

I am indifferent to whether or not it is a coupe or a vert, I just don't want any roll cages in either.

No torn in motors, and I prefer if it has never been tracked. (I don't care if you think its impossible to find one that's never been tracked, I've owned 3 that have never been tracked so I know they are out there.

Also, no SRA or Turbos. Aftermarket supercharger is fine.
Willing to spend top dollar on the right Cobra.

Thanks for any help that may result in me finding the car that Im never going to let go, and a Finder's Reward will be in order.

I've always gotten help from everyone on here and have found a few of my previous cars on here so I figured I would try to get help again. Thanks SVTP!

:beer: :coolman:

Last edited:

mrose75

Established Member
I have a non-tracked, non-torn into engine, no roll cage, 22K, DSG Coupe, waiting on Whipple install but not for sale. If I was looking to sell, you're the kind of buyer I'd want. I agree with your color line up minus SB. Would replace it with MC and change the order a little. Good luck with the Hunt!! I know there's one out there for you, brother. You'll find it in due time.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
I have a non-tracked, non-torn into engine, no roll cage, 22K, DSG Coupe, waiting on Whipple install but not for sale. If I was looking to sell, you're the kind of buyer I'd want. I agree with your color line up minus SB. Would replace it with MC and change the order a little. Good luck with the Hunt!! I know there's one out there for you, brother. You'll find it in due time.

Thanks Brother :beer: ... If you were looking to buy, I would want a seller like you. If you happen to, by some miracle, decide to sell your car, please let me know! I've always stared at your signature haha.

I don't know if I should just pull the trigger on some of the ones i have in line right now, or just keep waiting. We'll see! :coolman:

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
You dont worry, your fellow SVTP'ers will get you into another terminator like you want. I have owned 2 that were never tracked, its not impossible and fairly reasonable if I may say so.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
You dont worry, your fellow SVTP'ers will get you into another terminator like you want. I have owned 2 that were never tracked, its not impossible and fairly reasonable if I may say so.

Mystichrome is not in my top 5, but if I knew yours was for sale, it would definitely be in my top 5. Let me know if you're considering.

I know theres a few Cobras out there that have never been tracked, that's why it irks me when I'm dealing seller and they tell me, "that if someone says their cobra has never been tracked, they're lying." I just gotta bite my tongue from then on and see what other generalizations they make to try and dismiss the factors that could potentially remove my desire from their cars.

getTwisted

Established Member
Mystichrome is not in my top 5, but if I knew yours was for sale, it would definitely be in my top 5. Let me know if you're considering.

I know theres a few Cobras out there that have never been tracked, that's why it irks me when I'm dealing seller and they tell me, "that if someone says their cobra has never been tracked, they're lying." I just gotta bite my tongue from then on and see what other generalizations they make to try and dismiss the factors that could potentially remove my desire from their cars.

thank you. I'm going to hang on to this one for a while!:beer:

getTwisted

Established Member
I'm guessing you have seen the Comp Orange Cobra in CA? for $28k with 13k miles?

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
I'm guessing you have seen the Comp Orange Cobra in CA? for $28k with 13k miles?

Yeah, I saw that one. One of my problems with it is that with 13k miles, he is the 3rd owner, and it is tuned to 93. The biggest problem with it being tuned to 93 is that he's driven it for the past year, and there are no 93 gas stations within about 100 miles of his location... Not sure what that does to the engine but I just don't like that numbers don't match up, you know?

getTwisted

Established Member
Yeah, I saw that one. One of my problems with it is that with 13k miles, he is the 3rd owner, and it is tuned to 93. The biggest problem with it being tuned to 93 is that he's driven it for the past year, and there are no 93 gas stations within about 100 miles of his location... Not sure what that does to the engine but I just don't like that numbers don't match up, you know?

yea good eye. I didn't catch on to that.

mrose75

Established Member
Thanks Brother :beer: ... If you were looking to buy, I would want a seller like you. If you happen to, by some miracle, decide to sell your car, please let me know! I've always stared at your signature haha.

I don't know if I should just pull the trigger on some of the ones i have in line right now, or just keep waiting. We'll see! :coolman:

Thanks for the compliments, but I'm like others on this board. I'm holding on to mine. But don't settle on what's available. Find what you want. It's out there, just takes patience and dedication.:beer:

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Good Luck on your search, but out of curiosity in your opinion what is wrong with a car being tracked? Also when you say tracked do you mean drag raced, auto crossed or road raced? I have often wondered why people care if it has been raced and well taken care of. I personally don't see any difference if a person goes WOT on the street or the track all out is all out. Again I'm just curious, but I will say this good things come to those who wait.

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Good Luck on your search, but out of curiosity in your opinion what is wrong with a car being tracked? Also when you say tracked do you mean drag raced, auto crossed or road raced? I have often wondered why people care if it has been raced and well taken care of. I personally don't see any difference if a person goes WOT on the street or the track all out is all out. Again I'm just curious, but I will say this good things come to those who wait.

To be completely honest, there are plenty of cobras out there that I've ran into that have never been tracked (drag raced) but NOT been well maintained, vice versa, many cobras that have been well maintained but have also been tracked. In terms of what I would choose, it would be the latter. The biggest thing I'm concerned about with a car that has been dragged is I don't know the capabilities of the driver. The driver may have bounced the rev limiter like crazy in between shifts, or burnt out the clutch like crazy trying to warm up the tires. I just know that in a drag race, most, if not all try to push their cars up to their performance capacities.

There is nothing wrong with this except for some owners who don't know how to do it well enough and push the car beyond what it's capable. With that, comes unwanted wear and tear internally and mechanically in general. It is just something that I personally prefer to stay away from. That being said, if I find a car that is in undeniably perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition with low miles, but has been tracked once or twice, NBD. But if I find a car in the same condition but has never seen the track, I'll take that one. :beer:

Redfire_USMC

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments, but I'm like others on this board. I'm holding on to mine. But don't settle on what's available. Find what you want. It's out there, just takes patience and dedication.:beer:

I can't wait until I'm able to practice a bit of patience on here hahaha. :beer:

I don't blame you for holding on to the bad boy.

Users who are viewing this thread