Need help installing my 03 Gauge Cluster

Hi-Hat

Established Member
I installed my new 2003 gauge cluster last night. The car wouldn't start after the install but I expected that since PATS is still on.

I downloaded a new tune from my tuner with PATS turned off so now the car starts and runs, but for some reason my theft light keeps blinking. How do I turn off this light?

My next question is what do I need to make my boost gauge functional in the gauge cluster? I searched and can tell that the gauge itself is mechanical but what do I need to connect that specific gauge all the way up to the blower itself? (I have an Eaton Swap)

Thanks guys.

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
I installed my new 2003 gauge cluster last night. The car wouldn't start after the install but I expected that since PATS is still on.

I downloaded a new tune from my tuner with PATS turned off so now the car starts and runs, but for some reason my theft light keeps blinking. How do I turn off this light?

My next question is what do I need to make my boost gauge functional in the gauge cluster? I searched and can tell that the gauge itself is mechanical but what do I need to connect that specific gauge all the way up to the blower itself? (I have an Eaton Swap)

Thanks guys.

I think by turning PATS off, the light will stay blinking.

IIRC, you will need a vacuum line going through the firewall. Maybe someone can correct me on this.

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
If you turn PATS off, the light will still blink. You can take the cluster to Ford and just have them reprogram it with your PATS info from the old cluster.

I have an 03/04 cluster in mine. Speedo shop did the mileage match, and I used the Ford tool at school to change over the PATS info.

HTH

Hi-Hat

Established Member
I hate going to Ford but it looks like that's my only option right now.

Lefty, did you hook up your boost gauge on the cluster or are you N/A?

Tango7

Established Member
When I changed mine I took it to ford and had them reprogram the cluster.. it was $40.00 dollars.. I have not installed my procharger yet but was told to hook a vaccum line up to the cluster for the boost to work..

Hi-Hat

Established Member
When I changed mine I took it to ford and had them reprogram the cluster.. it was $40.00 dollars.. I have not installed my procharger yet but was told to hook a vaccum line up to the cluster for the boost to work..

Yeah at this point I'm just trying to figure out where to plug the vacuum line into. I know where it goes on the back of the cluster, its where the best spot is on the blower than I'm trying to figure out.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member

Did they change the milage too?

Lefty10

....Slow....
Established Member
I hate going to Ford but it looks like that's my only option right now.

Lefty, did you hook up your boost gauge on the cluster or are you N/A?

Didn't hook mine up yet. It will be hooked up once I go w/ my Eaton swap.

It's just a simple vacuum line hook up.

Did they change the milage too?

Ford couldn't do it as they need the universal "black box/machine" to do it. A local speedo shop did it for me.

No they could not do that.. I called around and it could have been changed for around 300.00 I just elected not to change the mileage.

That's absurd. The place I took it too charged me about $90 (which still is a ton of money IMO)

Here's the shop that changed mine:

Speedometer Repair, Speedometer Service, Speedometer Testing, Speedometer Settings, Speedometer Calibration, Speedometer Repair Services, Auto Repair, Auto Inspection, Auto Emissions Testing, Cluster Repair, Instrument Repair, Mileage Setting, Cruise

Users who are viewing this thread