Need help on MAF wiring

kyle67camaro

Established Member
Ok so my friend just bought a 03 Cobra and it has a MAF code and so he switched it out with someone elses to see if it was just the sencer, but that still didnt work so we are down to it being something in the wiring. We took is intake off and then noticed that there are some wires coming off it it that have a plug just laying under it and I am wondering what those would go to and if it would have anything to do with it or if anyone else has any idea of what it might be. Thank you for you help.

Last edited:

Stroked03

Mobile paint works
Established Member
Ok so my friend just bought a 03 Cobra and it has a MAF code and so he switched it out with someone elses to see if it was just the sencer, but that still didnt work so we are down to it being something in the wiring. We took is intake off and then noticed that there are some wires coming off it it that have a plug just laying under it and I am wondering what those would go to and if it would have anything to do with it or if anyone else has any idea of what it might be. Thank you for you help.

That's not a factory plug I can assure you of that being i replaced that harness twice. I hope this can help.. what code is coming up can you be a little more specific?

This in the 03 cobra maf plug but for some reason my all data is showing it little funky in the second diagram .
from what i'm reading the iat is built into some of the mafs where the 1 and 6 isn't used that would be the spots for the IAT
Edit : the second pic is for the pre 99

lightingmaf.gif

41933665.gif

41933669.gif

Last edited:

kyle67camaro

Established Member
It is giving him a P0102, so I hooked it up to my reader and watched it while he drove for a little while and it showed nothing at all as in that there was no air going through it and well that is impossible.

kyle67camaro

Established Member
My friend does have that same plug that your showing, but then the wires go up into the loom and then four wires brake off into that plug that I showed a picture of and I dont know if the guy he bought it from did something and put that in or if that is suppose to go to something that would be important

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You aren't talking about the MAF sensor electrical connector, are you? Pretty basic connection so I doubt this is what you're referring to, but I'll post it anyway.

MAF Sensor.gif

kyle67camaro

Established Member
No I fallow that up and then about a foot of wire after that four other wires brake off and go it that little white plug that was not connected to anything and I dont know what it is for.

Users who are viewing this thread