Need Help Picking Between Kenne Bell And Whipple....someone Help Soon

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Thanks for posting the link:)

I had go out of town for a bit. But I am back now.

s/c stang

Established Member
I believe the only 9'sec cars are stricltly's, and those were fully built race cars.As fa as a guy saying whipple's cant hit 700 rwhp, I personally have a friends here in houston that is modularfords that hit 700rwhp w/23 psi thru stock manifolds....

GodStang

Established Member
s/c stang said:
I believe the only 9'sec cars are stricltly's, and those were fully built race cars.As fa as a guy saying whipple's cant hit 700 rwhp, I personally have a friends here in houston that is modularfords that hit 700rwhp w/23 psi thru stock manifolds....

Just out of intrest what other mods does he have? Also there are Many KB Cobras in 9s.

s/c stang

Established Member
GodStang said:
Just out of intrest what other mods does he have? Also there are Many KB Cobras in 9s.
700.5hp and 675.2Tq

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New numbers as of this morning. mods:

Whipple
3.0 upper
4lb lower
accufab
JDm fuel system
NGK
CAI
60lb injectors
SCT maf
bassani xpipe
magnaflow catback
111 race fuel
23* timing

Stock manifolds, stock cams, stock springs,stock motor.

thanks to PSI motorsports and Patrick, Jim @ JDM, and everyone else who has made it happen.

It takes a built KB car with all the mods to even get near those numbers....Also what other KB cars are in the nine's?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Who is the guy on Mod fords that has this setup. I would love to talk with him about his setup. I will post somemore of the 9 guys later on tonite. Do not have any of the lists with me.

s/c stang

Established Member
GodStang said:
Who is the guy on Mod fords that has this setup. I would love to talk with him about his setup. I will post somemore of the 9 guys later on tonite. Do not have any of the lists with me.
This is Blaine on modualrfords, he sold his car already and has a new SRT-10 truck. You can ask him he works here in Houston at PSI Motorsport. I just think that those are some real good number for evrything being stock, which i pesonally saw the car when he had it. I also believe he could broke 9' in his car, he ran a best of 10.5 on 18' BBS plasmas...

GodStang

Established Member
Thats kool. I just like to talk with people that have nice setups and get there opinions on things. I may give him a pm in a day or two. Trying to figure where to go next with my car.

s/c stang

Established Member
GodStang said:
Thats kool. I just like to talk with people that have nice setups and get there opinions on things. I may give him a pm in a day or two. Trying to figure where to go next with my car.
I will have some what those numbers or maybe better in a few weeks, I have a few more mods than he had so we will see. :beer:

TEABG

Banned
GodStang said:

Kenne Bell makes less less power than the Whipple and becuase they make less they are in the nines ?

TEABG

Banned
ugotbit03 said:
KENNE BELL OWNS ALL BLOWERS

TURBO OWNS ALL AND TWINS ARE GOD

LOL- I got a KB and it works just as good as a Whipple would.

All kenne Bell owners are in denial ! :thumbsup:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My Whipple can kick you KB's ass. And if you don't believe me you can ask your mom. She was in the back seat. :)

Just kidding.
:banana: :pepper:

She was straddling me in the front seat at the time :)

Blown02

Established Member
TEABG said:
Take a look at this post from a Kenne Bell owner

dun4791
Crazy SVT Poster

Car: 03 Sonic coupe
Trader Rating: (0) Went to the dyno tonight..........

VT billet l/b .020 over 17cc CPs 8.5cr
05 ported heads,ss valves, guides
Crower 3s
KB 2.2 21lbs 4lb lower 3.0 upper RR tensioner........saw no boost drop off steady at 20-21 lbs
1000 miles on motor 950 easy miles
HBH tuned 11.5-12.0 A/F race tune 611hp 572 tq
street tune 602hp 565 tq

Another Cobra there.........HBH tuned old style Whipple 17 lbs all stock internals race tune 11.5-12.0 A/F 630hp 583tq 5000 miles on engine

Both cars were 50% 93 and 50% 100 octane.........Only difference My car has Bassani high flow cats and baffles other car is not running cats. Same headers, same JLT intakes

Looks as if my cams and ported heads did nothing for me. Not to mention the boost difference between blowers.Whipple definately made the better #s....... Not unhappy with the #s just surprised. Was expecting 630hp 600 tq. On the way home we went from a 3rd gear roll and I pulled him...........

Thoughts?

Heres a comparison you guys can have fun with.........
Billetflow idlers / Metco lower
KB BAP, 60lb. injectors, SCT 2800
SCT chip tuned by Horsepower by Hermann (4 tunes)
NGK BR7s .028
Bassani mids
Bassani X with cats
Bassani cat back
JLT CAI
MGW shifter
SVT Chromes 10.5/BFGs on back
Auto meter Lunars Boost and fuel press. in the A pillar
MM FLSFC
Centerforce DFX
Fidanza alum flywheel
Liberty 26 spline IS
Steeda quadrant-LDC return mod
LDC Chicago coolant mod
Gords HE with fans
Billetflow IRS brace
Raptor,LM-1,HIDs............etc.

VT Cobra Race build up 05 ported heads,SS valves, Crower stage 3 cams,Oliver billet rods, CP pistons, Moroso oil pan, 21 pds boost

Something has got to be wrong with the 3v kb. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread