Need help please....guys with built rear ends.

corysmach1

Established Member
I just built my rear end I ordered everything from JPC. I did a full lightened spool, pro race 33 spline gun drilled axles, ceramic bearings, titanium studs, aluminum lug nuts, RTS wheels, drag brakes, 9" ends lightened flanges. I'm sure I am forgetting some things but it was a shit ton of money......now to the problem. The rear sway bar will not go on if the rims are on....if it's on the rims will not go on. I would post the pics but can't from my phone. We're confused because I never had this issue with the darkstars. I am taking vacation next week and had big plans to race the car my whole vacation. I'm sure someone has an idea or ran into this issue. Basically the car is done but I don't have a rear sway bar. I just want the car 100% because I leave very hard at the track (7k on 2 step) any help would be great. Thanks guys.

Last edited:

rtusnake

Established Member
Off subject but what brand are your axles? Was looking for someone to gun drill 33 spline axles

vortecd

Established Member
Sounds like you used the same housing but changed the wheels. The wheels must have a different back spacing. Do you have a sway bar relocation kit which moves the sway bar up to clear 15" wheels? Other option is to go with a different sway bar like Whiteline (what I have) that doesn't go any further then the end links so it isn't no where near the wheels

4VFTW

Established Member
has to be something with the 9" ends, the axle flanges or the wheel spacing. Your flange to flange length has gotten shorter or your wheel spacing is off.

Last edited:

bunits19714

Established Member
quickest and cheapest - adequate fix- is a whitline adjustable rear sway bar - as long as you don't have a rear axle brace- buy from summit- be to your house on monday takes 30 mins to install- run it for the week or so or longer- sell it when you install a ARB- there under 250 I do believe. I love mine, it is like a mini arb when set on the stiffest setting- I hate the sway bar relo kits they are cheap as hell.

corysmach1

Established Member
Sounds like you used the same housing but changed the wheels. The wheels must have a different back spacing. Do you have a sway bar relocation kit which moves the sway bar up to clear 15" wheels? Other option is to go with a different sway bar like Whiteline (what I have) that doesn't go any further then the end links so it isn't no where near the wheels

Yes it absolutely won't go into the wheels and if it does obviously the rims won't go on.....can you post the link of the one you have please?

corysmach1

Established Member
quickest and cheapest - adequate fix- is a whitline adjustable rear sway bar - as long as you don't have a rear axle brace- buy from summit- be to your house on monday takes 30 mins to install- run it for the week or so or longer- sell it when you install a ARB- there under 250 I do believe. I love mine, it is like a mini arb when set on the stiffest setting- I hate the sway bar relo kits they are cheap as hell.

What's ARB? So it sounds like this white line adjustable rear sway bar will work? Post the summit link they're here in Ohio I could order that.

bunits19714

Established Member
their web site says it ships Monday so no weekend shipping, but if you would of ordered it fri. before 11 pm you would of had it Monday am. how far of drive is it from circusville to summit?

corysmach1

Established Member
their web site says it ships Monday so no weekend shipping, but if you would of ordered it fri. before 11 pm you would of had it Monday am. how far of drive is it from circusville to summit?

I live in Johnstown I am 2 hrs from Summit. If I order it tonight looks like I would have it Tuesday. Or I could go grab it in the morning.

bunits19714

Established Member
agreed- he NEEDS the ARB but he wanted to race his car this WEEK because of vacation time - don't see him getting one welded on this week- that whiteline will work for a few weeks and then he can sell it.

Users who are viewing this thread