need help please/intercooler problems

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Ok guys I have been working on my car for about two months now an iam down to the last steps. I've replaced h/e,clutch,tb,fork,flywheel,pilot bearing,tb sleeve,jlt high boost,2.75 pulley,posi,port dragon tb,maf 2600,battery relocate. I'am sure i'am missing something but now after putting it all back together I filled the intercooler system up jumped the brand new pump out an it kicks on with no water flow. my new tank took the place of the battery btw. I have tried the shop vac trick blowing in the top hose with lid on an just let the pump run an nothing, when blowing into the hose the pump changes tone an sounds like its pushing water but then it stops soon as you stop blowing. Is there a certain way you have to run the lines off the battery mounted tank to the pump or something i'am just lost. I did all the work myself an i'am just burnt out lately from working 6 to 8 every night then working on the car till 2 or 3am, i'am just beat. Someone give me some advice besides sleep lol. There's a big car show I wanted it ready by tomorrow too. HELP!!! Thanks guys in advance any help appreciated

Brandon

racebronco2

Established Member
You don't pressurize the hose. You are just getting more air in the system. You need to fill the reservoir and pressurize the reservoir with the hose fitting going into the reservoir from the intercooler plugged and the hose end open.

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
Problem solved hoses were correct went to autozone got the little orange hand crank suction pump connected to top hose on res. An presto after a few pumps on it started to get water turned pumo on an it was fine

Users who are viewing this thread