Need help reading datalogs

bobert

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I just completed some datalogs of my mustang and I don't know how to read the results. Can anyone take a look at these to see if my Mustang is running okay?

I logged a 2011 GT with a Steeda intake using the following tests:

Datalog1- Gradual acceleration in 3rd gear up to 5k rpm followed by 2 minutes of idling.

Datalog2- WOT up to 6200 RPM in 3rd gear. I tried to hit redline but ran out of road.

Thanks

Attachments

• datalog_1.zip
    203.3 KB · Views: 94
  • datalog_2.zip
    72.7 KB · Views: 62

Vikyank

Established Member
In your WOT pull your log is only showing you at 100% throttle from about 2,400 rpm to 3,700, then the rest of the pull is about 50% throttle. Its also showing a lot of knock from 3,700 rpm and up. I would have a tuner look at these logs.

BrianH87

Established Member
When datalogging, I usually like to see throttle angle commanded as well as throttle angle actual. Your wot log show you only at part throttle. There is also a lot of positive knock values. Have your tuner check this out. Something is off. Commanded fuel and timing looks okay, as do fuel trims. What kind of fuel were you running on this log?

Last edited:

bobert

Established Member
I guess I may have subconsciously started lifting off the throttle as the road was ending. I'll try to do another log today and hopefully I can hit the redline this time.

I was running 91 octane.

Thanks for the input.

YouGoGlenCocoa

Established Member
OP i did a log about 2 weeks ago for aed and shaun had to remove some timing from me at 5k+ he said it couldve been a bad batch of gas also. I would get it checked though. Good luck sir

Users who are viewing this thread