Need help with a spot on my vinyl stripe

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
I was detailing my Shelby a couple days ago and found a weird hazy spot on one of my stripes. It almost looks like finger prints, but they don't come off. I use Chemical Guys VHT on my stripes, but what can I do to try and remove this? The VHT did nothing. It's really hard to photograph. I wonder if someone didn't have something on their hands when closing the hood or something.

imagejpg2_zpse983d2d1.jpg

imagejpg1_zps5e1f018f.jpg

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
You are going to have to try a light polish on that and see if it removes it. I would do the whole stripe/s in order to get a uniform appearance. It should 'shine/brighten' them a little. You could also try a cleaner/wax and see how that works.

jbs$

Established Member
I had the same issue with a black on black 13 GT500 at about 7,000 miles. Took it back to the Dealer and Ford replaced them under the warranty. Good luck!

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
You are going to have to try a light polish on that and see if it removes it. I would do the whole stripe/s in order to get a uniform appearance. It should 'shine/brighten' them a little. You could also try a cleaner/wax and see how that works.

Thanks, I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Check out this video -
[video=youtube_share;Qt5QdL6pzYQ]http://youtu.be/Qt5QdL6pzYQ[/video]

They use a fine machine polish to clean. I've used the super vrt on my stripes and so far I like the result. You could try the fine machine polish and then the super vrt.

Users who are viewing this thread