Need help with modifying FPDM....anyone know how its done?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I have three FPDM's sitting here at the house and I am wanting to modify at least one for my personal ride. However I cannot find a how to guide on modding these things. However if some one has a modded one "laying around", id love to see whats under the black cover so I can try and replicate them on my own. Just pop the black cover off and id need to see pics and part numbers off of each cap, resistor and especially the voltage regulators that are heat sinked to the side. Otherwise if you know how please post up and help a brother out :)

B0B

Established Member
I've taken a modified and standard apart and couldn't see a difference. Its probably something as simple as a different part number on one of the resistors or voltage regulators. you will need detailed pics to see what you're looking for

masterjr33

Established Member
there is/was a thread on here with them both open. the transformer or what ever. ring with wires i know is different. i think they use different t03 transistors also.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
there is/was a thread on here with them both open. the transformer or what ever. ring with wires i know is different. i think they use different t03 transistors also.

I havent been successful at finding any threads. Now while I understand I can send em off and have em done....I am capable of doing it myself and would like to do so. I got 3 FPDM's here at the house that I wanna mess with. I got a PCM from a 01 GT manual that I dont even know what to do with either.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
A google image search revealed this post:
http://www.mercurymarauder.net/forums/showthread.php?t=78302

It shows all the components with part numbers. I might do this myself as well. See posts 26,27, and 29.

I didnt go with a google image search. Perhaps next go around. But with part numbers etc...this gives me something fun to do over the weekend. Even with my MSD boost-a-pump setup this will give me something to toy with

Users who are viewing this thread