Need help with possibly too agresive tune.

Slowbra21

Established Member
Ok i just bought an 03 cobra from a dealer yesterday and it was pretty worked, 2.3 whipple SRA swap ect ect. The issue is getting moving from a stop, its nearly impossible bc
1. It just spins the 315 nittos liike there made of butter
2. it wants to stall if i dont rev it up which in turn leads to wheep spin.
3. it likes to buck like theres no tomorow when i go slow in first
Ive had this issue before in another mustang i owned where when i had it in race tune it would just want to "jump" out of first similar to what this cobra is doing. I want to rule out the clutch being the issue bc it doesnt slip at topend or anything other then being hard to get the car moving from a dead stop. I was thinking of taking it down to a local dyno tuner and seeing if i can get a more conservative tune. Any help/impute would be much apreciated.

racebronco2

Established Member
An aggressive tune is one that has alot of timing. Your problem sounds like something isn't tuned correctly for the mods you have. I would guess to say that the maf isn't scaled correctly. I wouldn't go wot until you have the tune corrected and unless you have a wide band o2 sensor so you know exactly where your a/f is at.

You need to post your mods and a datalog if you can.

Slowbra21

Established Member
Looks like im going to get a new tune anyone know reputable Dyno shops in Lower state NY?

racebronco2

Established Member
What would be my best solution a new tune?

You first need to decide whom is going to tune your car. Ask him what hand held tuner he prefers, get that tuner. Do some datalogging. Decide if the tune is bad or maybe there could be other issues. Fix those issues and have the car tuned. You could just go to the tuner of your choice but if he finds problems with the car it will cost you more in the long run.

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
Sounds like you have a very grabby clutch, like a spec stage 3 or something with no streetability.... I'd bet your tune won't change the problems you describe

Users who are viewing this thread