need help

Jgruggs

Established Member
Might have this in the wrong forum, sorry. I'm broke down. Car just started acting like it ran out of gas...not possible. Seems like I've read before where the fuel rail sensor goes out and acts like this. Could that be what it is? Motor spins over, acts like it wants to crank but then just doesn't. Car has 38,000 miles with no issues ever before. I'm on my way to pick up a sensor from dealer right now. Hope that fixes it. Any other ideas? Thanks Johnny

fred50stang

Established Member
Also try, crank position sensor, and cam position sensor. I had the crank one go out on me. Its a PIA, you have to unbolt the A/C from the block. The cam pos. is easy.

Jgruggs

Established Member
Thanks guys , that was it. Not hard to change out , just annoying that it needed it. Fuel rail pressure sensor part # 3R3Z-9F972-AA. $78.83 tax included. I knew I had read about others having to replace this item. So glad I read so much on this site....it really paid off. Thanks again everyone, Johnny Oh yeah, it is a dealer item.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
bought mine for $51.58 a couple years ago

gee, ya think they improved it? :bs:

(I'm being sarcastic...if they had revised it, the part# would change)

Last edited:

Jgruggs

Established Member
Not hardly...the dealership here in town is , how do you say this....let's just say high on everything. If I would have had time I know I coulda saved some by driving to different dealer about 20 miles away....but then , it was only 4 miles to this dealer...so sometimes we have to pay for convience I guess. I'm just glad that's all it was....HATE being broke down...specially in the Cobra.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Jgruggs said:
Not hardly...the dealership here in town is , how do you say this....let's just say high on everything. If I would have had time I know I coulda saved some by driving to different dealer about 20 miles away....but then , it was only 4 miles to this dealer...so sometimes we have to pay for convience I guess. I'm just glad that's all it was....HATE being broke down...specially in the Cobra.

glad you're back running again :beer:

it has been reported that the price of that sensor has gone up all over the place so you might not have saved much by going the 20 miles

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
to avoid giving your stealership any business on parts you can wait a few days for, contact these guys:

FORDSVTPARTS

you'll get a great price, every time

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
JB said:
to avoid giving your stealership any business on parts you can wait a few days for, contact these guys:

FORDSVTPARTS

you'll get a great price, every time
Yep, Steve will get you the best price. Actually, since the FRPS is so unpredictable, it's not a bad idea to keep a spare on hand. I've heard of a couple of guys why keep that spare in their trunk for insurance. Sad that the FRPS is so prone to failure.

Users who are viewing this thread