Need info fo SHO

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You guys are starting to get into symantecs. The biggest thing in regards to the 60k was the timing belt replacement and the valve lash adjustment. After years of driving the cars people and SHO mechs realized that to save money on labor you might as well do the WP and CPS too....

blue92

Established Member
I guess I don't know anything..........

I still don't see how you can call it anything but a tune up. That's all it really is. It's a tune up. I know how to do all those things you listed above, including getting 600hp out of a 3.2L.

...And what Tony has listed IS a tune up. If it isn't, what would you consider a tune up?? Honestly?

Take your SHO to a Firestone or a Goodyear dealer and ask them what a tune-up consists of. I guarantee it won't be a 60k/120k.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Take your SHO to a Firestone or a Goodyear dealer and ask them what a tune-up consists of. I guarantee it won't be a 60k/120k.

That is not a good example. Some cars require different things than others. Just because a shop with dumbasses don't have a SHO checklist does not mean it's not a tune up.

I would never take my car(s) to anyone to work on as they generally don't know what the he'll they are doing anyway.

SHOspeedProject

Established Member
A tune-up is waaaaaaay to general of a term. Trying to ascribe anything specific in nature as regards a maintenance checklist by referring to it as a tune-up is an exercise in failure. Changing plugs and oil and some tweecer settings could be considered a tune-up.

Users who are viewing this thread