Need info on buying a 5.0

angelofrat42

Established Member
Alright, so i have around 23k CASH to spend on a 5.0
it has to be a manual tranny, and under 30k miles and thats pretty much it
just trying to see if you guys know how difficult it will be to find this if im going to a dealership. I really need it to still be under warranty but non-warranty voiding mods would be nice too. Are dealerships willing to make a deal in the low 20s if im paying cash?? Any input would be appreciated! Thanks! I originally wanted to get a terminator but of course there are no warranties that are to be had with those :(

Torchy

Established Member
I sell fords at the biggest dealership in Nevada here in Las Vegas. I can get you under X-plan no problem. PM me, I'll make life easy for ya.

SCalla1384

Established Member
You shouldn't have a hard time finding what your looking for. If a dealer see's cash, they'll be willing to work out a deal.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
dealers are not a big fan of cash. i would auto trader for a private seller. btw i think that you should just finance a new one. give a good down payment and make kia elantra monthly payments and keep some cash in case that you want to mod it or just whatever you want. i like cash on my side.

Bloo

Established Member
I'll sell you mine for 23k. Just turned 25k miles, manual, some minor bolt-ons. Mt-82 just rebuilt under warranty and works flawlessly.

The rims are just plastidipped. They're black underneath the gold.

Gold_zpsca00b722.jpg

Last edited:

NinjaBum

Established Member
Yep. My folks went to buy a Camry hybrid when they first came out. They were hard to find and when dealers saw they had cash they just didntngive a crap anymore about getting their business.

Too40gawlf

Banned
^ really? I always thought dealers liked cash?? Who doesn't lol

I dont know why this nugget of bum scoop keeps getting tossed around. Dealers give two shits about cash. They make $$$ financing yokels and even more $$$ servicing them. From the dealer's perspective cash is a sucker's bet.

Too40gawlf

Banned
OP,

If you play your cards right, you can find a new base 300A 6spd for about 27.5K out the door. Put down about 20, finance the rest and pay it off in a year or two and enjoy the 5 yr 60K drivetrain warranty.

Im not opposed to buying a good condition used car, but if youre sitting on 23K cash, might as well go with a brand new car for about 5K more.

D.T.R

Established Member
dealers are not a big fan of cash. i would auto trader for a private seller. btw i think that you should just finance a new one. give a good down payment and make kia elantra monthly payments and keep some cash in case that you want to mod it or just whatever you want. i like cash on my side.

Yep. My folks went to buy a Camry hybrid when they first came out. They were hard to find and when dealers saw they had cash they just didntngive a crap anymore about getting their business.

Absolutely.
The dealership would much rather have you finance the car... not only because Ford will make more money if you finance through them, but the dealership also might make a comission off your car loan. Sometimes they even have special rebates based on if you finance through them.

Too40gawlf

Banned
A local dealer here - Koons Ford in Sterling VA has 4 2014 base manual GTs for $25,326.

New Ford Car | For Sale | D.C.

I cant thing of a better deal in the automotive world than a 12 second 400hp car for <$27K out the door.

I know you're in AZ, but maybe you can have a local dealer price match or come close?

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
OP,

If you play your cards right, you can find a new base 300A 6spd for about 27.5K out the door. Put down about 20, finance the rest and pay it off in a year or two and enjoy the 5 yr 60K drivetrain warranty.

Im not opposed to buying a good condition used car, but if youre sitting on 23K cash, might as well go with a brand new car for about 5K more.

I agree with this unless you are dead set on the premium package etc. Specially since isn't Ford offering 0% financing through them right now?

greenscobie86

Established Member

thats what I did. Liquidity is where its at lol.

Also that car at Koons motors is + Destination/Conveyance. I tried to get them down and they wouldnt do it.

Ended up with My car for 26,800 OTD in Washington DC with 300A + sync + tech packages. :)

There was no point in buying used(unless private sale is what youre looking for) when a couple of thou got me a brand new car. Good luck with your search!

Last edited:

Too40gawlf

Banned
thats what I did. Liquidity is where its at lol.

Also that car at Koons motors is + Destination/Conveyance. I tried to get them down and they wouldnt do it.

Ended up with My car for 26,800 OTD in Washington DC with 300A + sync + tech packages. :)

There was no point in buying used(unless private sale is what youre looking for) when a couple of thou got me a brand new car. Good luck with your search!

Which dealer did you get it from?

Too40gawlf

Banned
Hell,

Im thinking of trading in my car for a base 6spd with 3.73's. My car has only 7400 miles but its in service date was 05/10. A new car would extened warranty out to 2018, be brand new, the last model before the platform change. If I could get a halfway decent trade in, I might bite.

Users who are viewing this thread