need input. 03 GT build

Wikkd03

Established Member
I am looking for input and opinions on building an 03 GT. I recently sold my 93 LX and my 2013 GT back at the end of last year because we were buying a house and the cars just sat. We still have an 03 GT that has been just sitting as well. Its a clean car but needs a paint job and some basic maintenance

My daily driver took a dump a while back and I am needing a vehicle to drive. Ive also had the itch for another 03-04 cobra or another fox to build but I just got the idea that im gonna get the car up and running again and start gathering parts to build this car.

heres where I need some input

my options currently are:
1. Build a 2v and throw a power adder on it. I know these motors can be made to make some power but ive just really never studied up on them much.
are they worth building? Any pros or cons of this motor?

2. Put an 03-04 Cobra motor in with a Whipple or turbo
I know more about these as ive owned one and I liked it a lot.

3. Coyote swap with a power adder
Ive owned one of these as well and I liked I a lot also

With the exception of the computer what all has to be changed for the cobra motor or coyote swap?

Also cost wise what is the least costly?

Regardless it will most likely have a T56 magnum transmission but a built auto isnt out of the question. First goal would be mid 10s but would like the potential to run mid 9s eventually

Wikkd03

Established Member
Im gonna daily drive it until I have all the parts together. Once I do I will buy another vehicle to drive. This isnt gonna be a weekend project. Im not part of the svtperformance baller club so it will be driven for awhile before it goes under the knife

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
This car is a DD? Spend the money to make it nice to live with daily and reliable.

Building a boosted bottom end, swapping engines etc. isn't really the way to go about that.

The 2v modular is an incredibly reliable engine. The 03 GT has many modern creature comforts but is in itself still a relatively simple automobile as well. All things that make a great daily driver.

You asked for opinions and if it was me in your position, I'd either paint the car or do a wrap to make it nice, put a nice set of wheels with quality tires on it, then do a mild exhaust. I'd leave everything else stock. You'll have a car that isn't cookie cutter and you can be proud of while still at the same time being turn-key reliable.

EDIT: Just saw yor second post about DDing it until you cobble together parts, then buy a new DD. Honestly, If you're going that route, sell the car you have and use the funds to purchase an actual DD that you don't want to play around with. Then save for the Terminator.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Does your DD really need to runs 10s or 9s?

My 03 GT (see sig) was my DD for a few years and I loved it. 400whp is perfect for the street. I was running the stock engine, trans, rear and everything, put around 35k miles on it with the blower in just a couple years.

Vortech S-trim or Procharger P1 will get you to that power easily and it's safe on the stock bottom end. The stock engine limit is around 450whp, if that. Put some 3.73s or 4.10s in it if you want to wake it up more.

Wikkd03

Established Member
I guess I should of specified this wont be a DD once the build starts. I will buy a truck once I tear into the car

Users who are viewing this thread