Need more fuel with my returnless .....

rudycobra

Established Member
Currently have 60's , fore rails , fuel line upgrade with fore hat and twin gt pumps and a bap kb . At 690 I was close to maxed . With new motor and wanna up the boost for track tune I need Lil more fuel . I know the known thing to do is go return but don't think I can swing that right now . Can I do anything to mine besides changing to JMS fuel max instead bap ? New pumps ?

cobracide

Established Member
-8an all the way to the rails?

Triple pump and your tuner will hate you or limit the boost according to your FPDC.

Last edited:

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I basically have the same setup but with stock rails. I recently turned up my boost to 21 psi on the 2.9 and I think I might be maxing something out as I went lean... need to datalog to find out but I'm curious as to what was close to max with your setup - the pumps? I thought that the 60's and twin pumps with a bap would be good for 750.

supraman1990

Established Member
Their is talk over on mod fords of the new GT500 pumps, but its all speculation right now. As much power as they are supporting stock they may be something to look into. We have already decided that the fuel system works exactly the same as our cobras does except it uses a dual fpdm setup

Brutal Metal

Established Member
DON"T run 405's returnless! I wouldn't use the Aero 340's either.. 80's while lower your duty cycle a bit but I'm guessing your tuner have the 60's fully open..

rudycobra

Established Member
Was gettin hopes up on 405's , this sux to hear lol . Really didn't wanna do 80's because have to pull whole blower again

supraman1990

Established Member
IMO if your going to do injectors go ahead and do the ID1000's and be done forever. So much easier to tune. You may also want to come over to mod fords and just check the progress on the GT500 theory. I know the pumps arent super expensive, its just going to be an issue of getting them in a hat. However, they are the same as the 5.0 pump so if our normal pump upgrades will fit a 5.0 setup you would think it worked the other way as well

Quick Strike

Established Member
Rudy, A re-tune is in your future. You have way too much tied up in your new motor to use an old tune with any new fuel system components. Maybe you could get away with a modified FPDM or dual FPDMs with your BAP, but it will still need a tune. I know Derek, Black306, has a website with various parts and wiring diagrams for your application. I am sure he could set you on a good path.

rudycobra

Established Member
Rudy, A re-tune is in your future. You have way too much tied up in your new motor to use an old tune with any new fuel system components. Maybe you could get away with a modified FPDM or dual FPDMs with your BAP, but it will still need a tune. I know Derek, Black306, has a website with various parts and wiring diagrams for your application. I am sure he could set you on a good path.

Thanks yes I'm deff getting a new tune . I'm was hoping could just break motor in with old tune and staying out of boost . Just want make sure everything is ok before go spend money on tune . Just wanted to get a little more fuel before tune . I allready have dual fpdm with bap and wire upgrade .

Stanger00

Established Member
Think you are pretty much done unless you get the 3rd pump in there. I figured dual pumps with fuel line upgrade to rails with BAP will be maxed around 700. The 80's will help give you a few more horspower but the pumps will be taxed at that point.

I wonder how this GT500 theory will work...and how we could 19 volts to power them to get their full potential. I'll have to check this other thread out.

Users who are viewing this thread