Need new wheels...

JDP

Established Member
...but I'm having a crisis: I cant decide between 20's or 22's. I've weighed the pro's and con's for each, but I'm still torn. I like the looks of the 22's, but I'll lose some power. I'm not sure if I'll lose much power going from 18's to 20's, but I'd imagine it wouldnt be as bad, and I like more power too. Right now my L is totally stock, and it needs some more *blang blang*and mods of course. Also, this topic has probably been brought up here many a time, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, but I need advice/help/ideas/pics/therapy. Thanks guys. :)

Kingcobramike

Established Member
Hey
i dont know about the 22's. there really big but would probably look nice for show but i dont know how they would do on the dragstip. I was looking at some custom offset 20 inch american racing Torqe Thrust D's and i think they look real nice on the truck. just my opinion though

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Hey Jason. Have you ever run 20s or 22s? I have. They handle and ride like crap. They look awesome if that's all you want. But they suck IMHO for performance and ride.

L.L.:thumbsup:

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Hey Jason. Have you ever run 20s or 22s? I have. They handle and ride like crap. They look awesome if that's all you want. But they suck IMHO for performance and ride.

L.L.:thumbsup:

I must disagree on the 20's. Mine handle as well and ride as well as my F1's:coolman:

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by IOPNER
I must disagree on the 20's. Mine handle as well and ride as well as my F1's:coolman:

That's your opinion and you're welcome to it.

But I've run both and the 20s DO NOT ride or handle as well.
How can they? Very short stiff sidewalls= poor ride.

IOPNER

Black Crazy
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Hey IOPENER, please don't take it personal. Your truck looks sweeeeeet.

L.L.:beer:

I take nothing on the net personally!!!!!:beer: :beer:

Thanks BTW;-)

SNCBOOM

Established Member
The swede is running some custom 22s on his L and they look good

Dpres1

Every Man's Rival
Established Member
I'm on 22's and I'll be the first to admit they ride like shit. Especially in the city w/ potholes, speedbumps, and pedestrians ;)
As far as looks go, they can't be beat. However, I keep a couple sets of wheels for different uses. 22's w/ are for summer cruising, 20's for winter, and the stockers w/ Nitto's are for the track.

Juiced99

Established Member
Im about to buy a set of 20's my self, and I personally just keep me a set of 15 inch full drag wheels for the track time. Thats why I love the L, just load the drags in the back and cruise to the track in style.

JDP

Established Member
Thanks for the info guys. IOPNER, your truck looks sweet, nice wheels. I guess I'll go with 20's, they dont seem to detriment power or performance like 22's, but 22's look so damn good. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread