NEED Opinion....

tankerman1981

Established Member
I have an 03 Refire Red Vert and when I get back from my deployment from Iraq I wanted to get her repainted... my questions are do I want to just get here repainted REDFIRE RED or do I want to get her some Racing Stripes too.... also... how much do you think I should pay for either or???

any comments or suggestions are welcome....

thanks guys

tankerman1981

Established Member
Well the hood has some rock chips and have some unsightly scrathes that cant be buffed out near the rear quarter panel....sooo since i have the money to do with as i please... ( bout the only good thing bout being deployed) I thought might as well just get her all done....

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I would NOT do an all over just for a hood and rear quarter area...

IF you do; stay with Redfire...no stripes. A GOOD all over will run you around 6K or so. Pray you have a good tape/paper man too.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Keep it original if you are going to sell it anytime soon. I would only deviate or do a custom if your going to keep it.

tankerman1981

Established Member
I thought bout just painting the quarter and hood... but worried bout colors not matching completely.... i mean the rest of the car would be over 4 years old... and new paint on hood and rear quarters... I'm just worried..

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
if you take it to someone who really knows what they are doing they will be able to match the fade almost dead on. Its not worth it to get the whole car re-done, just dont go cheap on the paint work

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I thought bout just painting the quarter and hood... but worried bout colors not matching completely.... i mean the rest of the car would be over 4 years old... and new paint on hood and rear quarters... I'm just worried..

IF you ask around and find a good shop/painter...it won't be any problem.

Ask around...find your local Porsche/Mercedes dealer and ask around...alot of times the Porsche guys are close knit and have a couple of places they like.

Users who are viewing this thread