Need opinions on paint choice

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
I contacted weldcraft to widen my bbs rx wheels and now im thinking about powdercoating or painting the wheels black. for those of you that have been through this process how did you decide on the right paint/finish??

my wheels:
bbs_rx_bs_ci3_l.jpg

CCW has a color called brushed black that i think may look good.
Brushed_Black.jpg

then again i was also thinking about a glossy black with a painted performance red lip to match the color of the car. let me know what would look good

PA255005.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
murph,

Very good choice on wheels man. BBS makes some of the lightest & strongest wheels that money can buy. Please post some after shots of these on your car...

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Thanks,

i got a great deal on them last year, they have been collecting dust so i figured it time to put them on the stang :D

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
wheels should be going to weldcraft this week, will be talking with a local powdercoating co this week. should be ordering the 315 nitto 555r's tomorrow :banana:

i put the BBS on my rear axle ans there is 12" from the front of the rim to the inside of my wheel wheel. the 315 555r's show a 12.13 width so it looks like a spacer is in my future, would you guys recommend a 1/2" or an 1" spacer?!?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I really like that brushed black finish. With the chrome lug nuts and a chrome center cap I think it would look sick. :)

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
Wheels were sent out today, any thoughts on me getting .5 or 1.5 wheel spacers from the post above? Plan on ordering the tires tomorrow. any thoughts on tire size for the fronts (225's/235's, its a 17" wheel)?

Last edited:

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
wheels came back and look great from weldcraft!

immediatly took the wheels to indy powdercoat and decided on a matte black finish. I should get the wheels back next week so the next update will be pics for all of you!

still need some advice on tire choice up front (9" wheel) 255/45/17 or 245/40/17 ? I dont have power steering so i am leaning towards the 245. will there be a bulge where the end of the tire hits the rim?

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
sorry for the delay guys, I ended up going with a custom matte black from indy powdercoat:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcGGng5J-zM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - 20110417044723[/nomedia]

still need to lower the rear but i like how they turned out

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
sorry for the delay guys, I ended up going with a custom matte black from indy powdercoat:

YouTube - 20110417044723

still need to lower the rear but i like how they turned out

They really came out nice Murph. But forget the wheels, your V6 Stang is without a doubt the baddest sounding V6 I've ever heard. I absolutely love it. :rockon:

murph

Boosted 3.8L
Established Member
thanks CobraBob, its been a really long road and just ordered my fuel system today. so well see with a fuel system working right if i can get into the low 11's on 600hp.

Users who are viewing this thread