Need pictures on carpet mod

overlake

Swedish SVT
Established Member
Can anyone post pictures of the cut you made in your carpet to prevent the gas pedal from stucking?

My car is in Sweden so i cant take it to ford for a recall.

Is it possible just to glue the carpet instead?

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
I don't have a picture....but it's easy to see what to do. The hinge pin on the back of the throttle pedal catches in the carpet. Just cut the carpeting in that area so the pin can't touch anything. It isn't a lot of cutting.

What I would suggest you do is contact a Ford dealer here in the states and see if they won't ship or sell you the plate for the recall. Either that or call Ford Customer Service and have them work it out with you. It's a recall...they want it fixed. Even if you had to buy one, it sure shouldn't cost much! Do you have any Volvo dealers in your area? They're owned by Ford...maybe they can help you get one.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Just cut enough carpet from around the pedal that it will not get snagged. Press the pedal all the way down with your hand (detatching the throttle cable from the T-body makes this easy). While it is down start cutting.

-Jeff

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I again remind everyone that this recall is one that should not be ignored. Recalls are done for a reason. And if you cut the carpet yourself, any future liability transferes from FMC to you. In this case, cutting the carpet should be a temporary measure. When you can get to a dealer, do the recall. I can't stress it enough. And I know that in 99% of the cases where the carpet is cut it is probably good forever. But why chance it? It's a free fix. You can probably wait at the dealership while it is being done. And it's a better permanent fix than cutting the carpet. Otherwise Ford's recall would have been to just cut the carpet. There was a reason they chose to use the metal plate. Better to be safe than sorry. JMO.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This is true, but he does not have a dealer to take it to.

overlake

Swedish SVT
Established Member
Ok..as mentioned i cant take the car to Ford in Sweden for a recall so i need to cut the carpet.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
HISSMAN said:
This is true, but he does not have a dealer to take it to.
That is why in my post I stated "When you can get to a dealer, do the recall." I totally understand he can't get to one now. But there is no reason why even if he cuts the carpet now that he can't later have a dealer install the plate.

overlake

Swedish SVT
Established Member
I gues i can install the plate myself, if somebody could fix one for me in the us.
But until then i guess i'll have to cut the carpet

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
CobraBob said:
That is why in my post I stated "When you can get to a dealer, do the recall." I totally understand he can't get to one now. But there is no reason why even if he cuts the carpet now that he can't later have a dealer install the plate.

My car will never go to the dealer. I'm sure others feel the same way.
I'd rather just cut the carpet.

Users who are viewing this thread