Need recommendations for a fun daily driver

kit5pt0

Established Member
Right now I drive a H3 as a DD and it's incredibly boring. Looking to get a DD that is fun to drive and makes decent power. I haven't followed sedans at all so I don't have much knowledge on what's available. Requirements;
1) Must be a 4 door sedan but doesn't need to have a ton of room in the back but enough to fit a backwards baby seat. Not considering SUV's at this time.
2) Must be all wheel drive and drive well in the snow. It doesn't snow a lot where I live but on occasion we can get 8 inches and I don't want to get stuck with my kid in the car. I'll also get a 2nd set of tires for winter.
3) Must be an automatic so my wife can drive it
4) Prefer not to spend over $25k
5) I'd prefer something supercharged or turbo charged to gain easy hp with a tune and/or pulley, or na with decent power

In the short amount of time I've been thinking about this, I have been leaning toward an Evo X....fun to drive, easy to mod, would be great for a road course, and should be great in the snow, and has the quick shifting Twin Clutch SST. I also recently started considering a 2010 Taurus SHO since it makes good power and is easy to mod although I probably wouldn't take it to a road course.

Not looking at the STI, I prefer the EVO over the STI. Any other cars I should be considering? I'll look at all recommendations.

Edit: I should mention I don't drive far to work so I'm not too concerned about comfort or "luxury"

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
This:

C4Zvcl.jpg

Subaru-Impreza_WRX_STI_2006_photo_01.jpg

SVT_4_me

Established Member
VW GTI. it is not AWD, but does fine in the snow and fits all of your other criteria. so far everybody loves the new '15 GTI...

kit5pt0

Established Member
So far it looks like still just the evo and sho. The mazdaspeed6 was looking like a contender until i saw there is no auto. I can't go for the GTI, not a fan of the style.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
So far it looks like still just the evo and sho. The mazdaspeed6 was looking like a contender until i saw there is no auto. I can't go for the GTI, not a fan of the style.

You're not going to have many options for a fun, 4 door AWD sedan with an automatic transmission.

Other than the two listed above, any Audi, BMW 335/535xi, or maybe an Acura. I know the TL has an AWD option.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
^ Only the B5 (97-02) S4 was twin turbo, a 2.7L V6 bi-turbo. B6 and B7 (03-08) were 4.2L V8s. B8 (09-) and up are supercharged 3.0L V6s despite being called a 3.0T.

For what it's worth.

Edit: those years are just generation runs. An S4 wasn't offered every single year listed.

Last edited:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I'd say the Evo X, but you have to buy the MR to get the SST trans, and good luck finding that for under $25k.

The AWD and auto really limit you. I'd say make your wife learn to drive stick, or tell her tough cookies.

Honestly, I'd get the 335xi. Easily tuned and a blast to drive. I had one (RWD manual) for a year or so and it was fast and handled wonderfully for a stock car.

Users who are viewing this thread