Need recommendations for a fun daily driver

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
With AWD in the winter you are only going to be as good as your tires.

That's really the case with any car, ever. But AWD in the snow with all-seasons is probably better than anything RWD with even snow tires.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
That's really the case with any car, ever. But AWD in the snow with all-seasons is probably better than anything RWD with even snow tires.

I had an 09 Ralliart with all seasons on it. I also had a CTS-V with Snow tires. The CTS-V was much better with the snow tires on it than the Ralliart. You can get going just fine with the AWD and all seasons it is the stopping that was tricky. With the snow tires on the CTS-V you could both get going and stop more efficiently.

Just from my experience. Had I put Snow tires on the AWD it would be better in the snow hands down.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I had an 09 Ralliart with all seasons on it. I also had a CTS-V with Snow tires. The CTS-V was much better with the snow tires on it than the Ralliart. You can get going just fine with the AWD and all seasons it is the stopping that was tricky. With the snow tires on the CTS-V you could both get going and stop more efficiently.

Just from my experience.

So you had all seasons on the Ralliart, winter(snow) tires on the CTS-V? That's a huge difference right there. All seasons suck, even on AWD car ;) Unless you worded it wrong.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
So you had all seasons on the Ralliart, winter(snow) tires on the CTS-V? That's a huge difference right there. All seasons suck, even on AWD car ;) Unless you worded it wrong.

Yup! I was responding to Sunburned saying AWD with all seasons was better then RWD with Snow Tires.

AWD with snow tires would be a totally different story! lol

Got Torque

well do yah?
Established Member
New Audi A3 2.0L quattro, the sedan not the hatch from the previous generation. Little over budget perhaps but ticks off every box

Users who are viewing this thread