Need Some Advice

deven88

Established Member
hey im new here. just bought my 04 Lightning about 9 months ago. havent really done to much to it. i put a smaller supercharger pulley on it, a K&N intake which is getting fed from the dual hood scoops and some nice 20's :p. other than that im stock. what should i do now? traction bars? tuner? and how much work is there to upgrade superchargers? can i just switch the chargers over and thats it? thank you. sorry if this is posted in other places but i could not find much help. thanks

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Welcome to SVT:beer:

I would get a good tune for the truck and do some suspension mods.:coolman:

01 Cobra

Whine "O"
Established Member
just keep studying man. there is a lot that you will learn from just browsing through these pages. i would contact the tuner of your choice/someone you feel comfortable with and see what tuner they can tune with. my personal preference it the sct2. it seems though that most tuners now days are capable of tuning with the sct and diablosport.

fuzzydice

White Hot Lightning
Established Member
common bolt on mods are:
cat back exhaust (i have a magnaflow and it sounds great)
cold air intake (JLP makes a nice one)
lower or upper pulley
diablosport predator or get a custom dyno tune
with the pulley's i suggest custom dyno tune
also, with pulley's get the TR6 plugs i forget what u gap them at but u can find out
lowering it, has a better stance and performs better, personal choice...belltech 3/4 drop great ride
if you want to get more serious, get your supercharger ported by stegmier stage 5, about $600 but its well worth it, extra 35-40 horses but of course with that you need to re dyno tune it
get some nice nitto drag radials on it if u want to get a bit more serious
with the pulley's and diablosport predator i also recommend the diablosport mafia Mass Air Flow extender, lets just say it will save you a motor and its great insurence lol
thats all i can really think of at the moment, anymore questions just ask

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
When you start to add power its important to install some type of traction bar set up. This will help keep the rear axle from wrapping and wheel hoping. Wheel hop can cause a lot of damage to the drive line. If you plan on going to the drag strip you'll need a drive shaft loop too.
When choosing a tuner, find a reputable tuner that tunes Lightnings not just Mustangs. There are some good tuners out there.
Some vendors include a couple of tunes when you buy a hand held tuner from them.

Users who are viewing this thread