Need Some Help fellahs

whitecobra2387

Established Member
Ive been trying to compare a couple of shifter brackets but don't know which to get? still lol. I'm between the Barton, post 2 Barton or the steeda. I really like the new post 2 but a member in one of the threads stated that it was noisier than the firts bracket ???? So Is the new post 2 bracket worth the extra 40 bucks?????? I also like the steeda one it looks to me like it's going to be the quietes of the group but doest it perform like the others. I also want to buy the jhr clucht line and know its been out for a while but ford recently released one them self and wanted to know if anyone had compared the two. Regarding the install of the clucht line is it something that can be done of jack stands?? Thanks guys

Last edited:

BPatterson

Established Member
Go ahead and get Barton's 2-post bracket. The added noise is barely noticeable if you have your windows down or radio on. As for the clutch line, they'll all perform the same, just get the cheapest. With the addition of the ford line, there are now 3. And yes, the install is easy on jack stands.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
What is the difference between the normal barton bracket and the 2 post bracket? Why is the 2 post better? Sound does not matter to much to me.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
What is the difference between the normal barton bracket and the 2 post bracket? Why is the 2 post better? Sound does not matter to much to me.
My assumption would be the added post gives the bracket more rigidity, by creating a redundant support to help eliminate torsion in shifter.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I have the steeda bracket. Whenever I go around turns, my 1-2 shift grinds. Ever since it's been installed. It's installed correctly too.

Users who are viewing this thread