Need Some Help on Locating Paperwork

Bruin08

Established Member
I purchased a 2004 Cobra in 2009 and when I did so, I knew it had its fair share of mileage and was probably on its last leg, it had 92k miles. Well shortly after, the engine went out and I ended up buying a new cobra engine from Ford and having Ford install the new engine. Well it is now time to sell the car and I cannot locate the paper showing proof that a new engine was installed. Unforiently the dealership that I purchased and had the engine installed at has since closed up shop. When I call my other local ford dealerships, they tell me they dont keep record of work done at other dealerships because each dealer is individually owned. When I called ford hq and ask them if they would have record of work done, they tell me they only keep record of what done while under warranty. When I ask the ford hq who the owner of the ford dealership was that I had the work done at, they tell me they would not have that info. I ask this, because if the owner decided to close his ford dealership, but keep his sister dealership open (if he has one), then he would probably still have his records of work done at his ford dealership.

When I asked ford hq who I would speak to about opening my own ford dealership, the lady I spoke to at ford hq told me she would not know and does not have that information. I asked this because I figure if its like a chain restaurant (McDonalds, Chick Fil A etc) they woud have record of who owns what store and they would be the division that knows who owned that dealership.

Incase you are wondering, the dealership I had the work done at was Advantage Ford in New Orleans, LA.

I ran a carfax and all the work I had done on the car at Lamarque Ford and Veterans Ford is listed, but the engine install at Advatange Ford is not listed.

The only paperwork I have is a credit card statement showing the amount that I spent at Advatage Ford and when, but not what the purchase was for.

The next day, I called Ford HQ and also local for dealerships and asked if I give them the seriel number to the new engine if they could tell me the build date. With this, at least the buyer could see when I swiped the credit card to make the engine purchase, when the car itself wa built along with the year of the car and see that the engine is newer than the car and its got to be a new engine.

So I am basically lost at whatelse I can do in order to get proof that an engine install was done. The only other thing I thought about was sending a letter to ford expressing my dissatification with their records and who I can contact about getting information.

I did a google search on Advantage Ford and was not able to locate any information.

My dad purchased a new 08 F250 from Advatage Ford couple months before the engine work and I came across his salesman's busines card. I called the cell number that he had listed on the business card, but the number is no longer work. Says the caller is not available.

I feel as if I have exhausted all the avenues available to me and figured somebody on here might have a connection they can use to help me out. The dealership I spoke to today in Slidell, LA told me ford dealerships only keep records for 5 years so I know I am running out of time. The only other thing I can thing of is to go look at my dad's salesman card and do a facebook search and see if maybe he listed a new cell phone number. If I do happen to get somewheres with that, then I will hopefully be able to get the name of the owner of Advantage Ford and go from there.

I think I am just gonna lose this battle.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tough one. I don't think you're going to be able to get a proof of purchases from Ford. Your only hope is to locate the previous owner of Advantage Ford who hopefully might have the business records.

I believe the owner's name was James Viger. Ty Viger worked there as well and might be the son. Got this info through a Google search.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
PM me the vin and I'll see if the Autocheck shows it.
Isn't there a member on here that runs oasis reports? That's about the only place it would possibly be really.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
I was going to say an Oasis also. it would show all work and service to that specific vin # , if done by a ford dealer, I believe regardless of warranty or not.

good luck

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're right. An Oasis Report should show the work done. Assuming the dealer entered it into the system.

Bruin08

Established Member
Anybody on here has access to running an Oasis report or know who I could contact to have an Oasis report ran?

akeohan

Established Member
I also say Oasis, at the very least you could print out a credit card statement.......

Bruin08

Established Member
Looks like I will be taking a trip to Banner Ford and see if I can locate Ty Viger. I did a good search on his name and Banner Ford pops up. I remember my father telling me that the son, which is Ty, was at Banner Ford when he purchased his truck.

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
PM me the vin and I'll see if the Autocheck shows it.
Isn't there a member on here that runs oasis reports? That's about the only place it would possibly be really.
autocheck is pretty amazing it showed stuff. that never showed up on car fax about 1st 03 cobra

I was going to say an Oasis also. it would show all work and service to that specific vin # , if done by a ford dealer, I believe regardless of warranty or not.

good luck
x2 on oasis !!

good luck I hope you get the info you need !!!

cj428mach

Established Member
There is a long thread on Oasis reports here in the terminator section just do a search. There was a guy that was still doing them for people less than a year ago when he did mine on my car.

RichM1983

Established Member
PM - Zemedici

He got me an OASIS just recently for my 03 Cobra. Seems like a nice guy willing to help out.

sneakysnake03

SVT
Established Member
Oasis probably wont show up because it wasnt done under warranty. If you like pm the vin, and I'll check to see if the oasis report reveals anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread