Need Some Info about PSI Autosports

mingrey302

Established Member
:shrug:I live in houston Tx and I have to take her inn she's acting up what have yall heard of this shop?

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
PSI in Webster is one of, if not the best, in the Houston area. Many others will chime in and say the same. Search "PSI Motorsports" to find other threads with feedback. Stop by or just call them a lot because they are hard to get on the phone. :beer:

04gtstang

Established Member
We purchased a dyno tune from them back last year, as a Christmas present for my dad for his 01 Lightning. Well I had it scheduled for a day in January...I called him and left a message about 2 weeks before and said that we may not be able to make it (truck was going way lean per a dyno test we got as a baseline locally...so we didnt know what was wrong). I explained that...then 2-3 days later I call back and leave a message (good luck getting these guys to answer or call you back) plus I send him an email and tell him we are just going to leave the appointment scheduled, and if that would be a problem. He replys and tells me it will be fine and everything is still on. GREAT!
We go up there next week...appointment @ 8 30 AM.
Well we get there @ 8 and there is another guys L on the dyno...um ok? No big deal...well we stand around talking with this guy (a member on here...cool guy). Never even see the owner (Patrick...nor did we know what he looked like) for the first hour. So around 9AM we see this guy walking around....never says a word to us, even looks at us while we are standing there in his shop. I told him it would be me and my dad up there...im only 21 at that time, so its pretty obvious.

So after about 20-30 mins....he just starts walking and walks right past us headed towards his truck. Were like hey...whats up? Then he stops and walks over and says a few words....then says the other truck just has a few things to do and it will be done shortly.
Ok cool.
Well FINALLY at noon after jacking around all morning (leaving several times....a good 30 mins at a time...the rest of the time hes in his office. Very little time on the other guys L) he decided to pull Allens (sp?) L off, to get ours done....never once offered to get us food or drink (even though his guys went and got them and him lunch).
got the truck strapped down...LEAN.

One good thing about them is him and his team figured out that it had a bad fuel pump....put it on a rack and changed it and gave us a good deal on a used stock pump. In the mean time he put the other truck back on....left it on there, swapping pullys and trying to fix some eletrical isses for a few more hours, with ours done and just needed a quick tune.

Well right around dark he finally puts my dads truck back on, then dyno tuned it....did a good job on the tune but he just takes FOREVER to tune it. Spends 90% of his time in his office. We were up there from 8AM till around 9PM at night....I dont recall him offering us anything but I think he had a soda machine.

Next week we had some issues with the X3...but wasnt his fault, although I wasnt impressed with his communication or attitude when it locked up on us (im a SCT prorace user...I know WTH im doing. tuned my old TT GT to 550RWHP on a stock bottomend)...he acted like it was our fault and had a huge chip on his shoulder. My dad DROVE up there (3 hours) to replace it...well he decided to try and fix it (even after the SCT techline guy told me it was jacked when I called and followed his instructions). Well he had my dad up there for a good 3 hours!!!!!!! Jacking around....leaving without saying anything, and setting in his office on the phone. At that point my dad was serious POd and told him to just give him a freegin new X3!

All is well right? Nope...next week I go to load his cold weather tune. NO CUSTOM TUNES FOUND. :fm: I dont know what the heck he did...but it didnt have any tunes on it. I emailed him and sent it back and told him to give me an X2....did fairly smoothly and havnt had any issues since.

I would NEVER EVER step foot back in that place....nor will I ever recommend him to anyone. That guy has ZERO social or communication skills...he doesnt care about your time and was a pain to deal with. If we have anymore issues with the tune....we are just going to take it to James @ RWTD and get it retuned. (Yea we will drive to Alabama anyday before going back there) My dad feels the exact same way...actually he was even more POd about the whole situation.

I have had my cars tuned by Tim @ MPH two times...both times were great! He even started out in a bad mood one time LOL...but after his coffee kicked in he warmed right up.Tim spent alot of time talking with us and answering questions....I would recommend him to ANYONE. great guy and a great tuner!

Also had my cobra tuned by James @ RWTD...and man that guy freegin ROCKED! We was going to be about 30 mins late...so he called me and explained what had happened and freegin asked what we wanted for lunch! Brought us chicken! Also took me for a ride in his 07 Z06 to go grab something my car needed at the local auto parts. He even gave me a little advanced tour of tuning with SCT software...some of it even went over my head. I learned alot...and he also spent plenty of time talking with us between pulls. Car drives PERFECT. Also HIGHLY recommended.

I included the last two tuners....so its clear that we have had previous experience with tuners and arent some noobs expecting some prefect experience. Patrick @ PSI was just a total disappointment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread