need some input - on upgrades

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Hi. I have an 04 cobra and want to do some upgrades. My mods are in my sig below and have about 2k - 3k to spend. What would you do? Thanks!:shrug:

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
Not gonna be able to go twin screw on that budget!

Your best bet would be to get a ported blower and supporting mods to go with it! You can hit 500rwhp with a ported eaton and supporting mods and that really wakes the car up.

Here's most of the stuff you're gonna need:
-Ported blower from Steigmeier (at least stage 3 or higher!)
-Diablosport MAFia (extends the range of the stock MAF)
-To be safe it would be nice to get a Kenne Bell BAP
-2.76 pulley with a 2lb lower should get you around 15-16psi of boost and ~500rwhp
-Bigger heat exchanger (LFP make nice HX's)
-Clutch (RAM make awesome clutches but there are lots of options here)
-26 spline input shaft
-Billetflow IRS brace!

I think that's about it. It's still quite a bit of money but hopefully it'll fit in your budget. Like I said it's amazing how much this wakes up a cobra!

EDIT:

Almost forgot: Head cooling mod! I have the LDC but I heard they went out of business or something??

Last edited:

ib_604

Established Member
I am in the same boat.

Thinkin about doin the port with supporting mods...

Would you need 60 lbs injectors for that?

Also, how bout a 2.93 upper and 4 lbs lower? Any difference?

Tractionless1

Established Member

Your best bet would be to get a ported blower and supporting mods to go with it! You can hit 500rwhp with a ported eaton and supporting mods and that really wakes the car up.

-2.76 pulley with a 2lb lower should get you around 15-16psi of boost and ~500rwhp
-26 spline input shaft
-Billetflow IRS brace!

I think that's about it. It's still quite a bit of money but hopefully it'll fit in your budget. Like I said it's amazing how much this wakes up a cobra!

EDIT:

Almost forgot: Head cooling mod! I have the LDC but I heard they went out of business or something??

I agree with most of the above, but depending on mileage you won't need a clutch. Also I'd chose a Killer Chiller over an upgraded heat exchanger. www.killerchiller.com. Get some subframe braces, KB FRPS Disc, Aereforcetech gauge, Evenflow cooling mod.

Tractionless1

Established Member

-26 spline input shaft
-Billetflow IRS brace!

EDIT:

I agree with most of the above, but depending on mileage you won't need a clutch. Also I'd chose a Killer Chiller over an upgraded heat exchanger. www.killerchiller.com. Get some subframe braces, KB FRPS Disc, , Evenflow cooling mod., drag radials.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I just got my clutch done. Went with a Spec 2+ and 26 spline input shaft as well. Thanks for the help!!

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
get a 2.93 and a 4# lower(should make 18psi), port your eaton and throw some nos and get some huge numbers! but i am not a nos guy, but cheap way to a fast car!

but i would also recomend mafia, accufab big oval tb, xcal 2, and a good tune!

Last edited:

kwlscott

Established Member
yeah with that budget your best bet my be to port your eaton and get some support peices for the future-60#ers, twin gt pumps and go into the clutch. but a twinscrew would kick ass....

kwlscott

Established Member
ooops, skipped over your response-if you already got your clutch handled maybe an accufab throttle body an sct tuner and a custom tune.

04cobra13

Established Member
i would start buying all the supporting mods for a twinscrew: clutch,60lb,sct2400 maf,single blade tb,boost a pump,ect...then go twinscrew!,,..btw i seen a killer whipple package deal in the terminator[market] and california sections

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
I thought about going with a whipple but if you can get 525 to 550 with a ported Eaton and supporting mods then why spend the extra cash? Coolness, more efficiency? Speak to me people!!

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Well, I have a little more money to spend than I expected. Now, what to do...

Option 1)Stay with the Eaton and add needed supporting mods needed to get to 525+HP
or....
Option 2)Go w/Whipple and add needed supporting mods to get 550+ HP. What would be the supporting mods needed? I am thinking new injector, new MAF, upgraded heat exchanger, upgraded fuel pump, new throttle body, subframe braces, irs brace. Anything else?

Any ideas on cost of each option?

Also, any concerns with alternator charging with changing out pulley sizes?

Last edited:

Silverboost

Established Member
It is very rare that an Eaton will get over 525 rwhp. I would look in the market for the supporting mods to help save some money and then pick up a whipple as well. I have had the ported blower before and now a twin screw and I have to say the twin screw is way more fun.

piss&vinegar

Seek and Destroy
Established Member
Here is what I have came up with -
Whipple 140AX inlet 100mm
LFP or ACCufab throttle body
New injectors
Fuel Pump/module
MAF
Subframe connectors
Upgraded Intercooler
New sparkplugs
SCT Tuner
Dyno Tune
Pulley for blower
Head Cooling mod

What I am thinking of doing is purchasing all this and installing it myself. I would then use the tune that you get from purchasing a tuner to tune the car reasonably so that I can take it to have it dyno tuned. Any opinions? Anyone done something on this scale on their own? Any advice? Also, any opinions on Lightning Force Performance or Lethal Performance? They are the 2 retailers I am looking at purchasing from.

Last edited:

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
Being good mechanically, and being a professional welder are two different things..

Mechanically speaking if you have the time, patience and a little skill you could install all of it your self EXCEPT.

The only thing I would be leary of doing yourself is the SFCs.. Unless you are a good welder, and have access to a drive on lift.. Leave that to the pros!

Users who are viewing this thread