Need thoughts on the hp numbers from a ported eaton

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
Ok guys my buddy just tells me that his ported eaton 04 cobra made 540hp with 19* of timing on 93 gas. Car is a stage 6 blower, 2.76 upper, 4lb lower, 60lb inj. Sct 2600, bbk lt headers, t/b and elbow. You get it your basic set up. I call bull crap on numbers. What do all of you guys think and is this possible.

40mpgH8r

Cobra Newb
Established Member
I've been told by a few guys that I could get up to around 500 with basic bolt ons and ported eaton but not 540. Is this at the wheels?

and nothing makes me shut up more than a Dyno Graph ;-)

imajeenyas

Established Member
My 03 with Posi ported eaton, 10.7:1 cr, on E85 tune. Stock heads, cams.

jepajysa.jpg

500hp04cobra

Established Member
Well its my car and I think this is where the confusion came in. I made 501/505 on a mustang dyno. The tuner said in order to compare to his old dynojet multiply 501 x 1.08 for an 8% difference. Usually when I took the car over for tuning its heat soaked from driving 2hrs in 90deg air....this time I trailered it and as soon as he strapped it down and got it up to 160deg he made a pull not to mention it didn't get over 70deg thursday. I think the #s are high myself but considering the blower was cold/air was great its not completely impossible. Dyno #s used to mean something to me until I started going to the track now they don't mean jack shit. Et/trap/60ft are the only things I'm concerned with.

Last edited:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
lol then why run around telling everyone your car made those numbers if you don't have a sheet to prove it!!!! you have never shown a dyno sheet with all your amazing numbers you pull off. I have posted mine and shown them to anyone that asks. I call bull shit. either way my car has been faster on blower then you have been with nitrous with you or anyone else driving your car. I have asked and asked to see a pic of a dyno screen or a sheet but nothing. lol

500hp04cobra

Established Member
I usually don't even leave with a dyno sheet Steve I don't care what it makes i care if the air/fuel is correct and that it doesnt detonate as far as "bragging about my amazing #s" when people ask I tell them. The dyno is nothing but a tool to me. Stop being childish and trying to stir arguments up...just like that stupid 804whp dyno sheet u sent me the other Nite that wasn't even Dylan's ur being an ass and your very close to burning a bridge ur gonna wish u hadn't. I'm honestly about one or two more dumb ass remarks from never speaking to u again so keep it up if that's what u want.

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Well its my car and I think this is where the confusion came in. I made 501/505 on a mustang dyno. The tuner said in order to compare to his old dynojet multiply 501 x 1.08 for an 8% difference. Usually when I took the car over for tuning its heat soaked from driving 2hrs in 90deg air....this time I trailered it and as soon as he strapped it down and got it up to 160deg he made a pull not to mention it didn't get over 70deg thursday. I think the #s are high myself but considering the blower was cold/air was great its not completely impossible. Dyno #s used to mean something to me until I started going to the track now they don't mean jack shit. Et/trap/60ft are the only things I'm concerned with.

if the car in question is the car in your sig then it seems legit. the 1/8th mile numbers equate out to a high 10 or 11 flat. all the quick and dirty calcs online correlate with your numbers. i dont see the big deal here?

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
well lets get this straight here since hes gonna act like hes top fuel !!! numbers on his sig are NOT on BLOWER, that my friends is on a 175 shot!!!!!! with someone else driving the car. so that's 680 @105 is on nitrous so you all know. the dyno sheet we sent you was from a gt500 just for fun, and it took you 2 days to figure out it was a blower sheet, you should have know in 2 seconds it wasn't a nitrous graph there speed racer. lmao I hope your numbers don't mean much to ya since you havnt made a good pass, I think 12s on blower, that's something to write home about with your 530 wheel.

Last edited:

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
My car made 543/551 on a dyno jet on 93 with 19* of timing. The car has a Steg stage 6 with the torque plate. Its a 9.3 to 1 motor with MMR stage 3 blower cams and Race ported heads. 60 lb injectors and Pace setter long tubes 2.76 upper and 4 lb lower. I say bullshit to the 540 number

imajeenyas

Established Member
My post on #4 was also with a new, tight engine and through the t56 @18# boost.
I'm switching to a FB/Swain bros. 4r70 this winter. I'm sure my et's will drop, but won't dyno as high.
I'd like to take it back again before the swap now that it has a couple thousand miles on it to see if it'll break 600.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
My post on #4 was also with a new, tight engine and through the t56 @18# boost.
I'm switching to a FB/Swain bros. 4r70 this winter. I'm sure my et's will drop, but won't dyno as high.
I'd like to take it back again before the swap now that it has a couple thousand miles on it to see if it'll break 600.

Those numbers as damn impressive man.

imajeenyas

Established Member
Thanks. I've thought many, many times about adding a bigger blower and changing the combo up, but it just works so well as it is that I can't bring myself to do it.
....and if there is anyone out there that doubts the numbers or combo, there are many people in the Tulsa area that will verify it.

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
My only complaint with my eaton is of course the heat soak. But i am in the same boat. I want to get a small whipple or KB but i just cant bring myself to it. Im sure Ill make big numbers on with lets say s 2.3L on account of my heads and cams. But its fun to roll out on hard on some folks with just a little baby eaton.

imajeenyas

Established Member
My only complaint with my eaton is of course the heat soak. But i am in the same boat. I want to get a small whipple or KB but i just cant bring myself to it. Im sure Ill make big numbers on with lets say s 2.3L on account of my heads and cams. But its fun to roll out on hard on some folks with just a little baby eaton.

Exactly. Maybe next spring I'll suck it up and upgrade. This winters project is installing the auto in the cobra and the supercharger and cam in the g8.

Shaunk

Established Member

Every mustang dyno reads low.... (at least that's what the mustang dyno owners say). Fact of the matter is I have seen more mustang dyno's with fudged numbers than any other dyno. It's was to easy to manipulate numbers on a mustang dyno. That's why dyno's are just a tool and numbers for the most part mean nothing. Your looking for the improvements you make while "tuning".

D's01Snake

Motor City Muscle
Established Member
Like i said, 540RWHP is a bullshit number on a stock headed fairly stock eaton cobra. My cobra made 543/551 on a 9.3:1 motor with huge ported heads and very large cams and 21* of timing on 93 .

500hp04cobra

Established Member
well lets get this straight here since hes gonna act like hes top fuel !!! numbers on his sig are NOT on BLOWER, that my friends is on a 175 shot!!!!!! with someone else driving the car. so that's 680 @105 is on nitrous so you all know. the dyno sheet we sent you was from a gt500 just for fun, and it took you 2 days to figure out it was a blower sheet, you should have know in 2 seconds it wasn't a nitrous graph there speed racer. lmao I hope your numbers don't mean much to ya since you havnt made a good pass, I think 12s on blower, that's something to write home about with your 530 wheel.

Yea smart ass I had a stress fracture in my foot and couldn't make more than 2 passes without making it worse and If I remember correctly the car ran low 11s on blower heat soaked. No one thinks there top fuel but u Mr 128mph trap speed on a ported Eaton I'd bet 1000$ that nitrous button was mashed the minute u left the line. And for the record I said 530 with 21.5 deg of timing not 540 w/19

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread