Need thoughts on the hp numbers from a ported eaton

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Yea smart ass I had a stress fracture in my foot and couldn't make more than 2 passes without making it worse and If I remember correctly the car ran low 11s on blower heat soaked. No one thinks there top fuel but u Mr 128mph trap speed on a ported Eaton I'd bet 1000$ that nitrous button was mashed the minute u left the line. And for the record I said 530 with 21.5 deg of timing not 540 w/19

So a ported eaton car needs spray to go 128? What about 130?

Zemedici

Established Member
Scrap the blowers and throw turbo on it.

Yeah that makes sense on a motor that's set up for a supercharger. You have to throw SERIOUS money at the car to make power with turbo that you wouldn't make with a simple $2,000 blower upgrade.

And we don't have to wait til 3500 to get boost either ;)

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
lmao if I would have sprayed it at all my mph would have been way higher. its not my fault I can drive my car and other cant. im not going to argue about it anymore I know what I done and you truly do to, my nitrous bottle was setting on the bed of the rollback. you know how bad I wanted to make a nitrous pass but didn't get to that night. so if anyone that reads this has any input on my blower only pass at 550 wheel thinks I sprayed it to go 128 or 129, I cant recall exact please feel free to agree with TOP FUEL. Lmao have a good day.....

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
lmao if I would have sprayed it at all my mph would have been way higher. its not my fault I can drive my car and other cant. im not going to argue about it anymore I know what I done and you truly do to, my nitrous bottle was setting on the bed of the rollback. you know how bad I wanted to make a nitrous pass but didn't get to that night. so if anyone that reads this has any input on my blower only pass at 550 wheel thinks I sprayed it to go 128 or 129, I cant recall exact please feel free to agree with TOP FUEL. Lmao have a good day.....

I think those of us who actually know the potential of these cars, know that your trap speed is correct for a blower only pass. I guess the next question is when will you hit the track with the new blower :rockon:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
I hope to before the snow flies. I got it out today for the first time and drove it easy to town and sprayed it off. Then on the way back I layed down on it, 2nd thru part of 4th, and its still on my old ported eaton tune. il say this its gonna take me a min to learn to drive that beast again. Lol Car freaking pulls like a train, I was use to the port and nitrous because it was on a button and could control it. but damn this is a different kind of power. maybe its just me....

Last edited:

SN95N/A

Established Member

Have you got your new setup done yet?can't wait to see that thing rip!

HandBanana

Established Member
well lets get this straight here since hes gonna act like hes top fuel !!! numbers on his sig are NOT on BLOWER, that my friends is on a 175 shot!!!!!! with someone else driving the car. so that's 680 @105 is on nitrous so you all know. the dyno sheet we sent you was from a gt500 just for fun, and it took you 2 days to figure out it was a blower sheet, you should have know in 2 seconds it wasn't a nitrous graph there speed racer. lmao I hope your numbers don't mean much to ya since you havnt made a good pass, I think 12s on blower, that's something to write home about with your 530 wheel.

You sound like a massive douchebag bragging about himself and putting down his "friend". Whoop-de-doo for making your car go fast in a straight line dude, do you need some sort of trophy? Is that what you're searching for, a pat on the back for your amazing accomplishments?

This is like two kids fighting in the sandbox. Who cares? I am however hard-pressed to believe that someone left a dyno shop without a print-out of their numbers. Just have the tuner e-mail you the file and post it up.

500hp04cobra

Established Member
The dyno owner and I are pretty good friends so I haven't aggravated him about it and #s don't matter much to me. He's supposed to email me the most recent sheet tomorrow so hopefully I have it to post in the fs thread I just started for my car. Steve really isn't a bad guy he's just very competitive and doesn't like to be wrong about anything. I can say this if not for his help the car wouldn't be where it is now.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
You sound like a massive douchebag bragging about himself and putting down his "friend". Whoop-de-doo for making your car go fast in a straight line dude, do you need some sort of trophy? Is that what you're searching for, a pat on the back for your amazing accomplishments?

This is like two kids fighting in the sandbox. Who cares? I am however hard-pressed to believe that someone left a dyno shop without a print-out of their numbers. Just have the tuner e-mail you the file and post it up.

lol I care less what you think!!!! like ive been told before easy to talk about and hard to do !!! so yes im very proud of what I have done with my car without any help from anyone else. I have done all the work to my car and learned as I went, so it does make it more rewarding then just paying someone to do it all for you. so yea when u say im a bragging prick, I take that as a compliment. thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
The dyno owner and I are pretty good friends so I haven't aggravated him about it and #s don't matter much to me. He's supposed to email me the most recent sheet tomorrow so hopefully I have it to post in the fs thread I just started for my car. Steve really isn't a bad guy he's just very competitive and doesn't like to be wrong about anything. I can say this if not for his help the car wouldn't be where it is now.

thanks ratchet for the compliments !!!! I'm very competitive when it comes to racing, as you are, or you wouldn't have modded your car to beat anyone else. As far our friendship goes if we have a issue between us we call each other on our bs, so I thought the dyno numbers were high because he told me 540 on blower and said they were figuring the difference in dyno's and correction factors and all kind of stuff. ratchets car is a beast no matter how you look at it and only proves one thing, you can spray the ever living hell out of those cars and not have any issues.

700hp04Mystic

Established Member
yea I know, we just got a few flurries that was about it.... well I did get to drive the car just a little bit today for a little ring seat time and im getting it tuned in a few days so im excited and nervous at the same time. lol

Users who are viewing this thread