Need to order a new axle back tonight, Gt500 vs. Roush

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Been listening to clips like crazy. I unexpectedly sold my Pype bombs off my car today, so I need to order a new axle back tonight so I can have it by this coming weekend to install on my car. I was going to get GT500 mufflers but I think the Roush is more in line with what I want. I'm having a hard time justifying the extra $150 though. I loved my Pypes, but the drone on the highway was killing me as I drive 45 minutes to work everyday. Anybody that has heard both in person, are the Roushes worth the money?

Thanks

Tispho

Established Member
If you plan to install an offroad x pipe later on, go with the GT500s

If you want to keep the rest of the exhaust stock and just want some Vrrrm Vrrm, get the Roush. Shop around, I bought my Roush Axle-backs for $320.

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
Ive had all three you just listed and by far my favorite has been the roush. Either which one you get, should be easy to trade for the other if you dont like it. There are alot of "Trade roush for gt500" threads and vice versa.

bmore1186

Established Member
I recommend the GT500's as well. Plus they sound amazing with the O/R X or H. latemodelrestoration.com has it for $309 with free shipping if i'm correct as well.

footbraker

Established Member
1-800-457-6166. Fastlane motorsports has it in stock in nc. You will have to call and order Monday. Mine cost $309. Only place I found it in stock. Everywhere else was 3 month backorder

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Buy my roushs!! Like tispho said, think of your future plans. I went with an o/r x pipe and the roushs were too loud so I now have gt500's. Otherwise if I didnt have the o/r x I would 100% still have my roushs on.

OrangeMachine

Established Member
Was going to post the exact same thing. I am going with the Roush system since I have no plans to delete the resonators or cats. Tips look much nicer as well. I was afraid the gt500's would be too tame, I want this thing to sound a little mean. Buying used, so about the same price as the gt500's. Both kits seem to be for sale often in the market. People need an exhaust of the month club on here, lol.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
Roush rule, if you have cats.

GT500s are a good sound. I think they are better with an H, the X neuters them somewhat. I have had GT500s on my car twice, and longer than any other muffler.

I took them off yesterday to try these Flowmaster 40 series that were welded into a stock axleback. They actually sound amazing. Deep at idle and cruise, and scream under WOT. Great match with the X pipe. They are like a GT500, with balls. They are also stealth looking, with the stock tips. If I can get them to stop causing squeaks and rattles, I will keep them on for a while.

Mike

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Roush rule, if you have cats.

GT500s are a good sound. I think they are better with an H, the X neuters them somewhat. I have had GT500s on my car twice, and longer than any other muffler.

I took them off yesterday to try these Flowmaster 40 series that were welded into a stock axleback. They actually sound amazing. Deep at idle and cruise, and scream under WOT. Great match with the X pipe. They are like a GT500, with balls. They are also stealth looking, with the stock tips. If I can get them to stop causing squeaks and rattles, I will keep them on for a while.

Mike

I love my American thunder axleback (40 series). Do you have stock cats? I was debating if I want a after cat h or x with this setup but I'm not sure which way to go. I think they are one of the best sounding mufflers on these new 5.0s

o2gt

Established Member
i love my borla s type might want to check them out. no drone and sound great.

MikeLTDLX

Established Member
I love my American thunder axleback (40 series). Do you have stock cats? I was debating if I want a after cat h or x with this setup but I'm not sure which way to go. I think they are one of the best sounding mufflers on these new 5.0s

No, I have a 3 inch offroad X and 3 inch Bullets as resonators.

Mike

Turbo810

Established Member
I have the GT 500's. They sound very good. They make noise under throttle. And mostly quiet with no drone when cruising. It is just what I peronally wanted. If you are looking that will get you noticed more go with the roush's.

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. My exhaust is all stock except for whichever A/B I go with. I don't have any plans to delete my cats or resonators. I haven't been able to find the Roush's for less then $469 so far.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Tounsley Ford is where I got mine from and they are a vendor. Shipped to my door in three days was 289.00

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Tounsley Ford is where I got mine from and they are a vendor. Shipped to my door in three days was 289.00

How recently was this? From what I'm reading it used to be a real reasonably priced A/B kits until it got popular and they jacked up the price.

Users who are viewing this thread