Need your Xbox 360 fixed?

Evan5469

Established Member
Awhile ago a member on here (CobraStang161) was fixing Xbox's that had the Red ring of death (RRoD) but has stopped for quite some time. Well I'm looking to pick up where he left off and offer to fix them for anyone that needs it done. I'll be charging $35 if you use Paypal and $30 (same price that was being charged before) if you send a check or cash with your Xbox. I'll also be offering further upgrades (cooling and otherwise) for an additional cost. :banana:

Red Ring Example
IMG_0712.gif

The tear down process to get started
IMG_0713.gif

Almost done now
IMG_0705.gif

Back to normal
IMG_0711.gif

Last edited:

autotrix

Established Member
Interesting service! I know a guy that at one time had 3 dead Xbox's, not sure if he still has them. I think he finally realized that Microsoft wasn't the way to go.

I will refer him if he still has these units.

blwn306

Established Member
I dont know whats wrong with mine...it just stopped working..it will turn on but no picture or sound...it flash the RROD..but then stopped...what do you think? I'm willing to send it out to ya...its just sitting in my room...and its over three years old so no warranty from microsoft..

Evan5469

Established Member
I dont know whats wrong with mine...it just stopped working..it will turn on but no picture or sound...it flash the RROD..but then stopped...what do you think? I'm willing to send it out to ya...its just sitting in my room...and its over three years old so no warranty from microsoft..

If it has the RRoD then the 1,3 and 4 controller position lights on the console will light up red when you turn it on and won't do a thing. If you'd like shoot me a PM and we'll work it out.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Awhile ago a member on here (CobraStang161) was fixing Xbox's that had the Red ring of death (RRoD) but has stopped for quite some time. Well I'm looking to pick up where he left off and offer to fix them for anyone that needs it done. I'll be charging $35 if you use Paypal and $30 (same price that was being charged before) if you send a check or cash with your Xbox. I'll also be offering upgraded fans for $30 installed in your choice of red, blue or green.:banana:

I got a question for ya. When I turn my 360 on, it doesn't read the disc unless I tap/beat on the top-front of the xbox right above the disc drive after I close the drive. I'm guessing the laser that reads the disc is messed up or something but I have to do it EVERY time. Sometimes the tapping works on the first go around and sometimes I have eject and try it again for 5-6 times. Do you know if this is common or a quick fix?? :shrug:

Evan5469

Established Member
Great to know...I'm on my third Xbox . When this one takes a shit.....I'll look you up!

This!

Im on lucky number 4 though lol!

Cool, Im on number 4 right now
Sounds good guys. I hope these don't break on you but I'll be here if they do. :beer:

I got a question for ya. When I turn my 360 on, it doesn't read the disc unless I tap/beat on the top-front of the xbox right above the disc drive after I close the drive. I'm guessing the laser that reads the disc is messed up or something but I have to do it EVERY time. Sometimes the tapping works on the first go around and sometimes I have eject and try it again for 5-6 times. Do you know if this is common or a quick fix?? :shrug:

This seems to be a somewhat common problem. Sometimes just cleaning the laser will fix the problem and other times the drive itself has to be replaced. Whatever you do, NEVER turn the xbox while it's running from a standing position to a flat one or vice versa. This can ruin your game and can cause the problem you're describing where the xbox won't read the disc at all. I hope that helped. :thumbsup:

weems

Mach Won
Established Member
I have an xbox that had the RRoD and was fixed and now it has sound but no sound or picture, can you fix this? It was fixed via the x clamp method.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Sounds good guys. I hope these don't break on you but I'll be here if they do. :beer:

This seems to be a somewhat common problem. Sometimes just cleaning the laser will fix the problem and other times the drive itself has to be replaced. Whatever you do, NEVER turn the xbox while it's running from a standing position to a flat one or vice versa. This can ruin your game and can cause the problem you're describing where the xbox won't read the disc at all. I hope that helped. :thumbsup:

Yeah I def. knew not to do that. My buddy did that once and it messed up his Mass Effect game. Where is the laser located in the drive?? I might be able to get a Q-tip up in there...

2kcammed2v

Established Member
I also have something weird happening to mine. When you turn it on and with the game in (MW2) in this case. You would get through the title screen, into multiplayer, start the game, and like clock work, about 15 seconds into the game it freezes. Not the game, as we have tried several. Sometimes it lasts a little longer but not usually. My guess would be the DVD drive is shot, but I dont know. Have any ideas?

JasonSnake

Established Member
Hey, can you fix my little brother's xbox? Seems like it won't power on anymore...

DSC01422-864x648.jpg

DSC01420-864x648.jpg

DSC01423-864x648.jpg

DSC01424-864x648.jpg

Evan5469

Established Member
I have an xbox that had the RRoD and was fixed and now it has sound but no sound or picture, can you fix this? It was fixed via the x clamp method.

The x clamp method is used just to fix the RRoD. Double check all your connections and I'll check around to see if there are any fixes and get back to you.

Yeah I def. knew not to do that. My buddy did that once and it messed up his Mass Effect game. Where is the laser located in the drive?? I might be able to get a Q-tip up in there...

The laser is all the way in the back of the drive itself and the easiest way to get to it is taking the case apart. You may also want to try a DVD cleaner disc which you can find at best buy or any electronics store. Or if you'd like, you can send it to me and I can take apart the case and clean the drive for you. If it doesn't fix the problem then I'll send it back and refund you your money.

I also have something weird happening to mine. When you turn it on and with the game in (MW2) in this case. You would get through the title screen, into multiplayer, start the game, and like clock work, about 15 seconds into the game it freezes. Not the game, as we have tried several. Sometimes it lasts a little longer but not usually. My guess would be the DVD drive is shot, but I dont know. Have any ideas?

That's what happened to mine just before it got the red ring. However if it's just MW2 that it's happening to, I'd just go pick up another copy of the game.

Hey, can you fix my little brother's xbox? Seems like it won't power on anymore...

DSC01422-864x648.jpg

DSC01420-864x648.jpg

DSC01423-864x648.jpg

DSC01424-864x648.jpg

:lol::lol: these systems can definitely be frustrating. It's amazing the amount of money Microsoft puts in developing them and they still have issues.

I think my brother's is broken. I'll talk to him and let you know.

Thanks! :beer:

Are you able to fix the E74 error?

E74: AV cable error... There is a problem with the AV cable, try using a different AV cable. If the cable is known to be working then there is a 90% chance it's a scaler chip problem (the "ANA" or "HANA" chip connected directly to the AV cable) in rare cases it is the GPU

SVTMindstorm

Established Member
I got 2 red lights,it turns on then the fans go super fast and loud,then the fans shut off and the 2 red lights flash.Can you fix this ?

Evan5469

Established Member
I got 2 red lights,it turns on then the fans go super fast and loud,then the fans shut off and the 2 red lights flash.Can you fix this ?

If you only getting 2 red lights that signifies an overheating issue. It's good to know that the fans are working. I personally have never fixed an xbox with just 2 red lights but from what I've read and what I've been told it's the same process as the RRoD fix. If you'd like you can send it my way and I try to fix it. What I'll be doing won't hurt it any further and if it doesn't work I will return it to you and refund your money.

Users who are viewing this thread