Neighbors new toy! Shelby Daytona Coupe.

MFE

Established Member
<cough> <cough>

Right, perfect and awesome. Now, try to replicate it. Not gonna happen. There are capable builders out there crying in their beer years after purchase, trying to get their GTM operable. It's a shit show of a platform. Unless you're a glutton for punishment you'd be better off spending $40k on [too many used track cars to count] and being out there flinging fast laps sooner, quicker, and with way less effort.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That friend who is building the 818 told me he wanted to do a GT40 kit with an EcoBoost to sell. Fortunately, I convinced him that guys who buy completed GT40 kits want FE blocks and the more authentic, the better. Gurney bubbles are a plus.
I think it'd be interesting to have a Ecoboost GT40. But I'd rather have a authentic FE 427 behind my head.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
It's 100% a kit. There are 6 in existence and are worth $20M+

Nevertheless, still a badass car

Agreed, and they are all fully known in terms of who owns them. I have a friend who is a huge fan and he has physically seen all 6. The one in Japan was the hardest to see in person.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Looking at that list of cars he does have, I knew right away "no way" was that a real Shelby Daytona. That and the fact that only 6 are in existence. Still a cool car in kit form.

Users who are viewing this thread