• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Netflix movie streaming coming to PlayStation 3

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by KingJay, Oct 26, 2009.

1. KingJay

KingJay !!!!!!!!!! Established Member

Not that I care or anything.

Link

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  2. carrrnuttt

carrrnuttt My shit don't stink Established Member

Once again, the PS3 is a year late to the party...;)

It's awesome though. I have Netflix's cheapest account at about 9 bucks a month, and I can stream unlimited to my Xbox360. HD even, in many cases.

3. FordMustangLove

FordMustangLove Lame-o Established Member

what sucks is i need to buy a n wireless gaming router for both my ps3 and 360

4. low03tb

low03tb THUNDER UP! Established Member

I hear the HD feeds suck and the choices you get are terrible. It started out huge on the 360 but died down REALLY quick

-- Might just check into it b4 you purchase

5. FordMustangLove

FordMustangLove Lame-o Established Member

Why dont go see if it sucks for yourself before posting

6. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator Premium Member

just signed up

7. carrrnuttt

Maybe you need to "hear" from people with bandwidths and TVs that can handle it? :shrug:

I've had it from the very beginning (I had my Netflix account before this app), and I still use it quite regularly and am very happy with it, so I don't know where you're getting your info from.

8. ZincGT

ZincGT Banned

LOL barely? XBox has had it for a while now.

9. SpectorV

SpectorV Active Member Established Member

ive looked through their online streaming stuff... not a ton of new stuff~ its ok I guess.

10. low03tb

Ahahaha k. It was a form of saying you might want to check it out before you just buy it and are disappointed. I've seen it plenty of times on my friends Panny G10 and its not that great and the choices blow for my personal preference. I'm getting my info from every pissed off person on live that has bought it and they don't update choices with new stuff very often...atleast nothing good. My 15mb connection and Pio 5020 is plenty to handle netflix streaming content but thanks....i'll stick with blu-ray.:rolleyes:

11. carrrnuttt

LOL

Maybe you've never heard of the expression "you get what you pay for"? Considering the whole UNLIMITED service costs, per month, about 1/4th the price of one Blu-Ray disc, I'd say it's well worth it. If you pay this much, and expect Blu-Ray quality (which is coming, by the way) right now with the current infrastructure, then maybe you should stay away from it. As far as the HD quality, it's good enough to be enjoyable. I can see pores on people's faces from 15 feet away (not that I need to, unlike some people), on a 42-inch plasma TV.

12. SNCBOOM

SNCBOOM Well-Known Member Established Member

I tried the free trial out on my computer through Windows Media Center. There weren't that many movies that I wanted to see [that were able to stream] so I did not renew my membership.

13. sunburned

sunburned I miss my torque Established Member

Kinda like Xbox360 never even showed up to the 'built in Blu-Ray' party, right?

Sounds like this is a great and necessary addition. With all the standalone blu-ray players now having wi-fi and netflix streaming, PS3 had to step up it's game to keep up.

14. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator Premium Member

cool sig

15. AMNick

AMNick Authorized Vendor Authorized Vendor

Finally...and it wasn't PS3's fault, Microsoft's exclusivity agreement with Netflix prevented this on any other gaming consoles in the past. Guess it expired or Netflix realized how many potential customers they were missing and decided to break it. I was just about to break down and get HBO/Showtime package, but now definitely getting this when it comes out instead.

16. 99MustangGTman

99MustangGTman I have to return some video tapes... Established Member

Stil too expensive IMO. I'd rather just rent movies from redbox when I feel the need to watch a movie since they're only $1.

17. stangin99

stangin99 Active Member Established Member

The streaming stuff is nothing worth bragging about. Figures the fanboys would brag it up as being something they can't live without.

18. low03tb

The "unlimited service cost" doesn't mean shit when the selection is garbage.:rollseyes They've been saying their working on the feeds for a long time now too....kinda ridiculous. Obviously its a personal preference with with what the "user" thinks is a "good enough" HD feed but at 15ft on a 42 I'd hope damn near any HD feed would look good!! Your sitting a light year away from a 42" haha.

19. carrrnuttt

I take it you don't have kids? There's more than enough selections in there to allow me peace and quiet for at least a couple of hours a day. That alone is well worth twice what I pay for it.

But hey, if you can't handle 9 bucks a month, don't knock those that can. :bored:

20. ZincGT

ZincGT Banned

You too ;-)