Never ends..help identifying where coolant is leaking from

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
CEAFAADA-3A56-4B69-9532-EFBD79C3516B.jpeg

hotcobra03

Established Member
View attachment 1496477
I’m trying real hard not to be dumb lol. But you’re saying the plastic connector elbows stay on?
yes ..follow hose to other end and remove..

you will have 2 hoses in hand..

1 end is on back of head..
2nd is on tube from water pump.

it is best to remove the vacuum harness completely..this will open up some working room..

there is a tool you can buy for hard to reach clamps..this is the time for 1.

I used worm style on jumper..

while your doing this..look down on firewall..there is 1 pita nut behind a bracket,that the ac lines need to be removed to get to..
that's the hardest bolt in doing the heater core..when you go to fix it.

hotcobra03

Established Member
also.being there is a delete kit for the water pump line..

I would think a cap on both ends would work vs running a hose to keep flow..

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Ok thanks. I get it now..I didn’t think it was the other end that had to come off cause it doesnt look like it’s possible to get to lol

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
No. I got the hoses off the heater core tube no problem. What I can’t do is get the the connector off the hoses so I can install a coupler to attach both hoses.

Wow, I must be an idiot...

Is it really just a matter of squeezing the white tabs and pulling straight back? Dunno why I had such a difficult time with it.

bullitt2735

Established Member
Oh and if it is the heater core, MAKE sure you buy an OEM heater core. It's not worth saving the few bucks. I have used two non oem heater cores before, one failed first start up, the other lasted a few months, OEM replacement going on 8 years. You do not want to have to pull the dash again.

speedoflife

Established Member
Echoing others, be careful with those hoses! They are hard to find nowadays. I have a spare set just in case.....

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
ok. i need to know exactly what others have done to connect these pipe. i have several feet of 5/8 hose and several feet of 3/4 hose and couplers to attach them. I see no physically possible way to connect these. when i get it lined up the hose has a massive kink in it cause it has to go immediately left towards the left side of the engine. I'm about kick the shit out of this car.

speedoflife

Established Member
ok. i need to know exactly what others have done to connect these pipe. i have several feet of 5/8 hose and several feet of 3/4 hose and couplers to attach them. I see no physically possible way to connect these. when i get it lined up the hose has a massive kink in it cause it has to go immediately left towards the left side of the engine. I'm about kick the shit out of this car.
They make these things at autozone that I used whenever I had to replace one of those hoses with a custom unit - maybe it’s help you from getting kinks. I’ll post a link to it.

Found it. Call the “unicoil”. This might be the solution to your problem:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...tes-unicoil-hose-bending-system/28512/4348910

hotcobra03

Established Member
here you can use 90deg fitting..

I had used hose clamps where bend was ,if I recall..head was 5/8 and water pump side 1/2..

I remember something off..and I double clamped it..

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I searched for 3/4 to 5/8 90 degree fitting but couldn’t find any. But nevertheless with enough swearing I got it done. BUT, now I’m bleeding the coolant system and I have a ton of small bubbles coming up through the funnel. To the point where I think it’s a head gasket. I’ll see if I can attach a video

hotcobra03

Established Member
I don't do funnel..

I have done it different,

I fill radiator up and with cap off,
fill at crossover till it flows out of radiator.install cap and fill till you cant.
install plug..

run car till fan kicks on

shut off engine..let cool than repeat.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
That’s normal, I thought the same but compression tests told me otherwise. Eventually they go away it’s just small pockets of air coming out of the system.
Thanks. Good to know. I know my compression is good.

Users who are viewing this thread