New 1993 Diecast Cobras

buddha93

Established Member
Ya, they are pricey, but very detailed. That 93 Limited is pretty cool. A working convertible top and it's limited t the actual number of cars made that year. Does anyone know if they are doing the same with these Cobras?

Speedfreek

Established Member
Man you would have thought they would be right. Heck the red doesn't look like Vibrant red, and there is no horse in the grill and the snake on the fender is wrong. It said preproduction photos so maybe they will be right by the time they come out.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I agree they don't look like they should be 100.00, more like 12.95 if you ask me. :shrug:

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Those look like ass. Teal is not right, red is not right, luckily you can't f'up black.

At least my maisto cobra R has real car paint on it (or at looks real) and the correct color.

I agree with the 12.95 comment. I might go 19.95 but not any more

buddha93

Established Member
Well, for $100 it better have the pony and a more accurate colors than what they are showing. I'd say it probably isn't the finished product just yet. It looks like they've only made one, and just photoshopped the colors in.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
buddha93 said:
I'd say it probably isn't the finished product just yet. It looks like they've only made one, and just photoshopped the colors in.

You're probably right, look at the black one, the grill insert isnt even cut out, and the colors look photoshopped.. the real production ones will probably look a lot better.

svtdriven

Established Member
If the cobra is built to the same quality as the rest of their cars, then I might have to get one of each color.

maisto is not the best car out there, actually one of the worst in my collection. they are on par with burago, hotwheels, and ertl.

UT, autoart, lane(creative masterpieces), gmp, and kyosho all build nicer cars. the extra cost is worth the extra time they spend on the details.

Lee93, their police stangs sell all the time on ebay for around $40. grab one of those and check it out. I'd be interested to hear what you think. besides the front end proportions being off just a hair, I couldn't think of any improvements that would make it better.

I just wish they would make aftermarket parts for them so I could start modding them! hehe!

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Based on the conversations I've had with them I would be amazed if they didn't get the color right. Depending on the light the color of my Cobra changes from a dark red to a bright orange so I'm not to concerned.

I've also been told there is a horse in the grille. Not sure about the snake though but I'll find out next Monday.

93 COBRA

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
Based on the conversations I've had with them I would be amazed if they didn't get the color right. Depending on the light the color of my Cobra changes from a dark red to a bright orange so I'm not to concerned.

I've also been told there is a horse in the grille. Not sure about the snake though but I'll find out next Monday.
Mark,

Find out if they have any intensions of making a 93R.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
svtdriven said:
Lee93, their police stangs sell all the time on ebay for around $40. grab one of those and check it out. I'd be interested to hear what you think. besides the front end proportions being off just a hair, I couldn't think of any improvements that would make it better.
!

They were making some SVO's. Now that I own an 84, I'll see if I can find one of their SVO replicas to pick up and see how it looks.

JohnnyGMachine

Established Member
OK guys, let me help you out with this. I am the product development guy on this program at GMP and I'm a fox body Mustang nut to boot. You guys are correct on a couple things and I've already had a couple Cobra owners call me because of these photos and were a little bit worried about some of the details - and I can understand.
These were very early pre-production decoration samples. Yes the teal and the red are off. The red was a photoshopped teal car. The grills will have the pony emblems and not be painted satin black in the recesses. Also, the factory had the inetrior colors flipped on these samples. I had over 40 comments ont these samples when they arrived and all are just about corrected. There are a couple local guys that have 93 Cobras and even another guy who frequents this site who lives in Winder up the street who owns an R model that I speak with occasionally. As far as the factory colors, we used actual factory paint that was mixed at Akins Ford next door and they were sent to our China factory to use as reference. The colors will look real good.
This model and the yellow 93 Feature Car blow away the detail on our old Mustang tooling. This is all new tooling with working suspension, steering, tons of working features and even rear hatch struts, brake lines, and photo etch metal emblems.
As far as an R model, you'll just have to wait and see......

Thanks,
John

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
JohnnyGMachine said:
OK guys, let me help you out with this. I am the product development guy on this program at GMP and I'm a fox body Mustang nut to boot. You guys are correct on a couple things and I've already had a couple Cobra owners call me because of these photos and were a little bit worried about some of the details - and I can understand.
These were very early pre-production decoration samples. Yes the teal and the red are off. The red was a photoshopped teal car. The grills will have the pony emblems and not be painted satin black in the recesses. Also, the factory had the inetrior colors flipped on these samples. I had over 40 comments ont these samples when they arrived and all are just about corrected. There are a couple local guys that have 93 Cobras and even another guy who frequents this site who lives in Winder up the street who owns an R model that I speak with occasionally. As far as the factory colors, we used actual factory paint that was mixed at Akins Ford next door and they were sent to our China factory to use as reference. The colors will look real good.
This model and the yellow 93 Feature Car blow away the detail on our old Mustang tooling. This is all new tooling with working suspension, steering, tons of working features and even rear hatch struts, brake lines, and photo etch metal emblems.

Thanks,
John

Well I am sold now. Thanks for the info. :rockon:

93 COBRA

Established Member
JohnnyGMachine said:

Thanks,
John

That's good news, I think my wife is getting me the '93 Yellow LX for X-Mas. Mabe I'll get lucky and get the 1/12 GT40 too, in the gulf colors of course.

Suggestions: Could you add the little removeable floormats like you guys did with the 1/24 Buick GN's, that was a nice touch. '79 Pace Car diecast would be cool also.

Thanks

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
JohnnyGMachine said:

Thanks,
John

Thanks for your post. I look forward to picking up the set (including the 'R')

Do you guys still make diecast SVO's?

Users who are viewing this thread