New 2.93 Upper/4lb. Lower Tune Numbers!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Just to clarify, Tune Day is still a go, but my Cobra was running to the point to where myself and others thought there could be some long term damage if it continued so Greg was so kind as to oblige with my issue.

I just came back from Racers Edge Tuning and I must say that I'm extremely happy! Greg installed my 4lb. lower while Evan (11ride4life) and I changed the stock plugs to NGK TR6's to make sure that everything went as smoothly as possible.

The first pull Greg cut short to make adjustments and we didn't even bother to look at the numbers. We prepared for run 2.

The next run the Cobra made 465 RWHP/480 RWTQ and I have to say that I was definitely happy and impressed. I was really excited that I finally made some decent numbers (for those of you that don't know, last month I was dyno'd at 415 RWHP/440 RWTQ after Umberto had to cut it off at 4800 RPM's due to a horrific looking air/fuel ratio).

The next run the Cobra screamed like I've never heard before! I was checking the boost and it stayed right at 16psi then tapered to 14.5psi at around 5500 RPM's. The final numbers were 475 RWHP/500 RWTQ!

After spending the whole day at R.E.T., I foung that Greg is an absolutely incredible tuner (just like everybody says he is) and he's got my business from here on in without doubt or question! This is one satisified customer!!!

Thanks again, Greg!!! :beer:

Here's a fun thread that we guessed to see what I would make. :D

http://svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=412528

EDIT: The final timing was 21.2* and the air/fuel was 11.8.

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
not bad, i made those #'s unported with a 2.76 upper only...

GO GET A PORT and be more happy :D

Last edited:

ViciousJay

Established Member
NAHHHH go port and see if you can keep up with a twin screw... youd be suprised how many people sacrifce the driver mod ability for power... then they wonder why they cant hit low 11's or 10's, or when a ported heaton can beat them ... i see it all the time

sct12

Established Member
Ok forgive me again. So just a 2.8 pulley on the blower is good for what? When is it ok to get a lower (crank?) pulley? Who ports these blowers and how much, what kinds of gains? Sorry for all the questions. Lotsa info to absorb.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
sct12 said:
Ok forgive me again. So just a 2.8 pulley on the blower is good for what? When is it ok to get a lower (crank?) pulley? Who ports these blowers and how much, what kinds of gains? Sorry for all the questions. Lotsa info to absorb.

Some basic info... A smaller upper pulley (blower pulley) or bigger lower pulley (crank pulley) will increase blower RPM's which increases psi. The more psi, the more power, but certain blowers are only so efficient.

The 2.8" pulley is good for about 14-15psi. Usually properly set up Terminator's with the basic bolt-on's (intake, mid-pipe, cat-back, etc...) and a 2.8" pulley make around 445-455 RWHP from what I've seen with a good tune.

It's always okay to get a crank pulley depending on what you're looking to do. Most people just swap upper pulleys because of the fact that they're cheaper then the average $350 lower pulley. They both accomplish the same thing; more psi. For instance... The 2.65" upper pulley should make the same boost as the 2.93" upper/4lb. lower setup, but with only the upper pulley you're likely to see belt slippage without an idler. The 2.93" uppler/4lb. lower will have much more belt wrap.

Stegemeier is the most respected Eaton porting company around these parts, but others such as Lethal Performance also do porting as well. There are many members in which have ported their own Eaton's as well with great gains. With a port you'll need upgraded supporting modification such as 60lb. injectors, BAP, MAF, clutch, input shaft, spark plugs, etc...

This is only my $.2 and I may be incorrect, but I expect most of this to be fairly accurate.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
HandoZiZle said:
nice numbers man...i cant wait to throw a 4# lower with my 2.8 or maybe a2.76

A 2.8" upper/4lb. lower combo will definitely make some good power. I think that anyone with a 4lb. lower should stick with either a 2.8" or a 2.93" upper. It seems to be the perfect fit. :beer:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
A 2.8" upper/4lb. lower combo will definitely make some good power. I think that anyone with a 4lb. lower should stick with either a 2.8" or a 2.93" upper. It seems to be the perfect fit. :beer:
what other mods are in your list...well beside a twin screw of course

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Damn RicCuS how many threads you got on this anyways?:lol: Let us know the timing and the a/f ratio. NOW!:cuss:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
HandoZiZle said:
what other mods are in your list...well beside a twin screw of course

Well, I just got a McLeod clutch yesterday so I'll get some more transmission goodies first.

• Liberty Gear 26 Spline Input Shaft
  • Liberty Gear Shime Kit For 26 Spline Input Shaft
  • Ford Racing Heavy Duty Throw Out Bearing
  • McLeod Throw Out Bearing Retainer Sleeve
  • Fiore Micro Click Firewall Adjuster & Clutch Quadrant Kit

And then I'll upgrade on the cooling. I'm ordering the heat exchanger today.
  • LFP Perfect Flow Head Cooling Mod
  • LFP Expansion Radiator Reservoir
  • LFP Supertank Intercooler Reservoir
  • LFP Power Steering Reservoir Expansion Tank
  • LFP Extreme Dual Pass Intercooler Heat Exchanger
  • LFP Pro Comp Race Radiator

LFP definitely do their products right! Then it's the rest of the go fast modifications.
  • W140ax 2.3L Whipple
  • Sieman Deka 60lb. Injector/Harness Combo
  • Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump
  • SCT BA-3000 MAF
  • Kooks Long Tube Headers
  • Kooks Offroad X-Pipe

And then after that I'll worry about full suspension and a drive line that can handle that kind of power. Perhaps a fully built solid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread