New 2011 SVT PP with Mod Questions

buck24

Established Member
Hi all,

I recently traded in my 07 GT500 for a 2011 Kona Blue GT500 with the SVT package, I am in a holding pattern right now regarding mods because I want break the car in before doing much. On my 07 I had the usual pulley, intake tune, with the upper control arms to combat the awful wheel hop.

My question to those with 11's and the SVT PP is: are you still seeing the need for the upper and lower control arms for wheel hop or is it something I can forgo once I install the 2.6 pulley and tune. I have concerns seeing that Ford has done so much to put the wheels, tires, and suspension mesh together.

Thanks for the help

I love this car

IMG_0418.jpg

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I haven't modded mine yet, but have had zero wheel hop in 4k miles. Traction is an issue thou, I'm considering Weldcraft and at least 305's out back before upping the power. I was in 2nd tonight on a flat strait away and the tires just broke loose at 55mph, that's at 45 Degrees outside, with stock tires. I really don't see how more power can help anyone past about 60 on the street. Traction is the main problem.

Last edited:

buck24

Established Member
Oh yeah my 07 was a nightmare as well, I do have a set of True Forged Chicanes with 305 DR out back, that should help in the summer months when it's warmer. It's good to hear that the wheel hop problem isn't there.

I love the Chicanes but I am really digging the SVT wheels.

Here is a pic wheels I will be putting on the 2011

IMG_0073.jpg

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've never seen a shot of that black car before. Stance is perfect! What springs were you running on that car?

Tob

buck24

Established Member
It has the eibach pro kit on it. The wheels are 20inch chicanes with DR out back. I'd like to lower my 2011 but it already has the SVT package, it's a bit higher than the 07. If anyone has done this please let me know their thoughts.

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
It has the eibach pro kit on it. The wheels are 20inch chicanes with DR out back. I'd like to lower my 2011 but it already has the SVT package, it's a bit higher than the 07. If anyone has done this please let me know their thoughts.

Lowering the 2011 is an individual choice, but as far as a tune and pulley, I'd suggest waiting, as the 2011 has a different engine computer system then the 2010 or earlier models and according to all I've read, the geeks are still trying to figure it out. You don't want to damage your engine. I'm waiting till a tried and true system surfaces and all the reputable companies have it, before entertaining the thought of adding a tune. I had a JLT CAI and tune on my 07 and was satisfied with that, but truthfully, I'm on the fence as to whether I'd even do a tune on the 2011. It's pretty awesome in stock form. Any tune thats out there right now is subject to some suspicion IMHO.

buck24

Established Member
I agree, plus with the weather going on here, I won't have much time to drive it anyhow, going to have to wait till spring to even break the 100 mile mark.

jsarkis

Established Member
Lowering the 2011 is an individual choice, but as far as a tune and pulley, I'd suggest waiting, as the 2011 has a different engine computer system then the 2010 or earlier models and according to all I've read, the geeks are still trying to figure it out. You don't want to damage your engine. I'm waiting till a tried and true system surfaces and all the reputable companies have it, before entertaining the thought of adding a tune. I had a JLT CAI and tune on my 07 and was satisfied with that, but truthfully, I'm on the fence as to whether I'd even do a tune on the 2011. It's pretty awesome in stock form. Any tune thats out there right now is subject to some suspicion IMHO.

Is it not simple to see if the tune is safe with a dyno pull afterwards? I understand the concern over high hp / boost applications with the new motor initially, but I can't understand your reasoning unless you were talking about mail order tunes and no dyno not being safe yet. Please explain if you don't mind, thanks.

sonic02gt

Established Member
very nice car i have the same car as you :rockon: im on the same boat as you i want to mod it but why? i had an 03 cobra i was third owner of i modded the crap out off with this car im going to wait im at 510 miles 2011 kona blue with pp

buck24

Established Member
I'm just in love with the car, and plan on driving the car a least a couple thousand miles next spring before doing much. I loved the black with the silver stripes but this kona blue in the sun is just amazing.

I have heard that tuning isn't much a problem and has been done, I am not worried about it too much.

sonic02gt

Established Member
I'm just in love with the car, and plan on driving the car a least a couple thousand miles next spring before doing much. I loved the black with the silver stripes but this kona blue in the sun is just amazing.

I have heard that tuning isn't much a problem and has been done, I am not worried about it too much.

YouTube - jtrischler's Channel

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
the good tuners already know how to tune both the 2011 GT500 and the 5.0

Users who are viewing this thread