New Best 1/4 Mile Et/Mph!

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Well I just got back from my trip to the track in Steele, AL last night with my now 3.90 gears (Along with all the other mods of course!) to try and beat my old best of 12.2 with the stock 3.27 gears...and IT RULED!!! I got a time I was hoping for! :coolman: I put on some actual slicks, murdered the clutch and power shiftied the shit out of my car... the result was my best run yet... an 11.70 @ 115.41!!! **** yeah! :rockon: I was happy as shit and I am now very glad to say I own an 11 second N/A Cobra! No S/C, no NOS... totally N/A! The ONLY down side to the night was it was about a 4 hour trip there and another long boring 4 hours back because I couldn't get any of my asshole friends to go with me. Anyway... Im done. I attached the oh so very beautiful(aside from being crumpled to hell) time slip! :D ...Yes... Im happy about it.

Click to enlarge.
th_mybesttimeslip.jpg

...and before anyone asks, my mods are a C.A.I., Steeda pulleys, Off road X-pipe, Bassani exhaust, Badass Sct tune, 3.90 gears, and alot of internal work (Previous owner(s) did the internal work, I dont know what they did and I dont know where he/she/they are to ask, I bought this car from a dealership in another state 3+ hours from where I live and have no idea how to find them.) Anyway, its late...early whatever, Im about to try and go to sleep. Talk to everyone tomorrow. :beer:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
cobra2798 said:
I hate you :thumbsup:
lol thanks! yeah, i pretty much raped my clutch and irs last night, straight up dumping it at 4+k with no wheel hop or tire spin, powershifting at 7k, im lucky i didnt end up picking pieces of my car up off the track. but like i said, luckily nothing happened and i got an awesome time, better than i hoped with no harm done...well.. im sure my clutch will go out 10000 miles before it normally would now, but... 11.7! :D

edit: the irs btw is out of an 04 cobra with like 1000 miles on it. thats what i got it replaced with instead of a solid rear sp i wouldnt have to change exhaust and springs

Last edited:

silver2001cobra

Established Member
onicrom said:
Well I just got back from my trip to the track in Steele, AL last night with my now 3.90 gears (Along with all the other mods of course!) to try and beat my old best of 12.2 with the stock 3.27 gears...and IT RULED!!! I got a time I was hoping for! :coolman: I put on some actual slicks, murdered the clutch and power shiftied the shit out of my car... the result was my best run yet... an 11.70 @ 115.41!!! **** yeah! :rockon: I was happy as shit and I am now very glad to say I own an 11 second N/A Cobra! No S/C, no NOS... totally N/A! The ONLY down side to the night was it was about a 4 hour trip there and another long boring 4 hours back because I couldn't get any of my asshole friends to go with me. Anyway... Im done. I attached the oh so very beautiful(aside from being crumpled to hell) time slip! :D ...Yes... Im happy about it.

Click to enlarge.
th_mybesttimeslip.jpg

...and before anyone asks, my mods are a C.A.I., Steeda pulleys, Off road X-pipe, Bassani exhaust, Badass Sct tune, 3.90 gears, and alot of internal work (Previous owner(s) did the internal work, I dont know what they did and I dont know where he/she/they are to ask, I bought this car from a dealership in another state 3+ hours from where I live and have no idea how to find them.) Anyway, its late...early whatever, Im about to try and go to sleep. Talk to everyone tomorrow. :beer:
good times man,what part of bama you`re from?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
thanks alot everyone, im very happy with the time! :D makes me feel high or something lol
CobraG said:
How are those 3.90's compared to your previous 4.30's?
i really like them, for me they are alot better, it feels pretty much the same except the gears are a little longer with the 3.90s, when i say theyre pretty much the same as 4.30s, i just mean they still pull HARD. 4.30s on my car i just started to hate having NO 1st gear and almsot no second. i had 0 traction when i actually started getting on the gas, i cant even see having traction if i had dr's since my car has more tq than a terminator.(i assume running a 12.2 on stock gears)
silver2001cobra said:
good times man,what part of bama you`re from?
down in enterprise around dothan, very southeast.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
onicrom said:
since my car has more tq than a terminator.

HIGHLY unlikely on an n/a 4v...LOL
stock displacement 4v n/a seems to top out around 350-375 rtwq (highly modded at that)...terminators are at or above that stock...

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
quick01snake said:
HIGHLY unlikely on an n/a 4v...LOL
stock displacement 4v n/a seems to top out around 350-375 rtwq (highly modded at that)...terminators are at or above that stock...
well it just seems that way due to the 12.2 with 3.27s.. I dont know, Im just happy with it either way!

lasercobra

No SVT
Established Member
That's awesome!!!!

I'm still stuck with my 3.27's and want some 3.90's. They sound like blower friendly gears. I need a driver mod more then anything. Granted I didn't have much seat time when I last ran but you are trapping the same speeds as me and I'm blown!

Nice work!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
onicrom said:
well it just seems that way due to the 12.2 with 3.27s.. I dont know, Im just happy with it either way!

don't be surprised...i went 12.5 w/ 3.27s (albeit on a solid) w/ 327 rwtq...but i also did not use slicks...

Users who are viewing this thread