New Best for the Turbo 93L

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
We went to the local track last night with the 93 Lightning.

I wanted to try to get some better times on slicks. Last time on street tires my best was a 12.97 and on slicks the best time was a 12.82.

Here were my best 3 runs

12.65 @ 109 mph – 1.85 -60’
12.56 @ 108 mph – 1.80 -60’

And my new best !!

12.47 @ 109 mph – 1.80-60’

This was also my fist time to get into the 7’s in the 1/8 mile with a 7.99 @ 86 mph

It started raining and we left, hopefully I can get more passes next time, I am really close to getting the launch perfect. I think it might have a 12.3x in it on slicks.

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
hell yeah! your smokin' modded gen 2's now.

I also smoked a LT1 Trans Am from a roll on the way home from the strip....I bet he was wondering what the hell that black truck had under the hood :shrug: :thumbsup:

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
Congrats on the PB Eric!! IF you keep driving the Gen I you'll lose motivation to finish the REAL truck. :poke:

:lol:....Nahh, it just gives me more motivation :rockon:

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
cant believe that truck has 200k miles on it! very very nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade 2 Black
Congrats on the PB Eric!! IF you keep driving the Gen I you'll lose motivation to finish the REAL truck.

last time i checked the fastest Lightnings are gen ones. by a full second almost. :poke:

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
IF you keep driving the Gen I you'll lose motivation to finish the REAL truck. :poke:

Real trucks look like jelly beans?(although it is proven red is the fastest)

:banana:

:p

(nothing is faster then a red gen 1)

Way to go with the new times.

RED "When you want to go fast."

Last edited:

Soul Rebel

Tryin to get DIESEL!!!
Established Member
Nah, I think Fade 2 Black just meant that his gen 2 was designed to be a race truck, while the gen 1 was more or less a side project. Although apparently EZ SPEED found out how EZ it is to go fast in a gen 1 :D!

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
Soul Rebel said:
Nah, I think Fade 2 Black just meant that his gen 2 was designed to be a race truck, while the gen 1 was more or less a side project. Although apparently EZ SPEED found out how EZ it is to go fast in a gen 1 :D!

Well.... my Gen 1 was supposed to be just my daily driver to keep my Gen 2 clean for vacations, shows and racing occasionally.

I wasnt really planning on doing much to the Gen 1 other than cleaning it up and doing routine maintenace...and now look what has happened ;-) The mod bug got me on the Gen 1 also :coolman: And it was MUCH cheaper to go fast in the Gen 1....and easier also :beer: Now the 93L is only .62 sec. slower than the 03L

03L new - 13.55 ET, modded 11.85 ET - 1.7 second improvemnt

93L with exhaust - 14.36 ET, modded 12.47 ET - 1.89 seecond improvement

So actually I have improved the 93L more ....as far as 1/4 mile times are concerned :read:

Last edited:

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
ezernut9mm said:
sweet vid. :rockon: are you still running the stock tranny?

Its on its second transmission. the truck has 211,000 and this transmission has about 90,000 on it. The trans is nothing special, normal rebuild with a level 10 shift kit and a Factory Tech 2600 billet stall

EZ SPEED

Boost Kills !!!!!!!
Established Member
cobra0393 said:
Nice vids. Do you have any pics of the motor

Yes I have pics, but my server lost quite a few. I hope to get some pics back up of the motor and stuff in the next week or so.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
EZ SPEED said:
Its on its second transmission. the truck has 211,000 and this transmission has about 90,000 on it. The trans is nothing special, normal rebuild with a level 10 shift kit and a Factory Tech 2600 billet stall

:beer:

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
EZ SPEED said:

well actually the truck is on its third tranny. The first one went at 100k I bought the truck with 90k on it. Go figure. The first trans went out in my driveway. The second one is a great story. I took the truck to talledaga for the nascar race and right before we left talledaga the truck quiet shifting. I just had reverse and 2nd gear. I ended up driving the truck from talledaga to alpharetta ga in second gear averaging 40 to 45 mph with the motor spinning 4k to 45k the whole way back home. THat just goes to show how strong the motor in that truck is. Oh and I always used castrol in the truck. THere anti sludge commercial is for real.

EZ have you got a cert for it. If not I could send you the one I have.

Users who are viewing this thread