New best in the cobra.

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Picked up the car Friday night, it was gonna be sold Saturday but after picking it up I just couldn't bring myself to selling it. I called the buyer amd told him I just couldnt sell it.

Sooo we had a track day Saturday..

Figured I would actually turn the boost down so I could actually get some seat time in the car and drive it like I should. I was running off the wastegate spring (14.7psi spring) would spike to 17-18psi. (680rwhp ish)

First pass went a 1.9x 60' 11.3x @ 130mph car bogged.

I figured I would try a hard slip my next pass...

Second pass went a 1.67 60' 10.80 @ 128mph. Car hooked up! (new best)

Third pass went a 1.57 60' !! But it only ran a 11.0 @ 125. Down et at mph.

I pulled the plugs and they were done and the car was cuttin up some. I didn't have any plugs so I just re gapped them and drove the car home later in the night.

I deff found the ticket to launching this bitch. Hard slip from 5k. Also these times were with me granny shifting down the track pretty much lol.

I think the car will go 10.50's on the same tune. I will turn it up as I go. See if we can run some 9's shifting it.

p.s. Good to finally meet you Perry.

Last edited:

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
Any video footage of these runs ? :beer:

http://jonsmithphoto.com/ttsaleen/Dr...ews Runs.wmv

Takes a lil while. Last vid is the best.

Some pics:

JON_0278f.gif

JON_0363.gif

JON_0369.gif

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Like I said at the track, congrats Drew! Your car is stupid fast, no doubt. My car will NEVER be the same after riding in yours. It was good meeting you too, looking forward to MW09! You can bet your ass I'll have my slicks mounted this week or next.

elyrain

Established Member
How were they letting you go that fast in a vert without a roll bar? They kick verts off 'round here sub 13's....

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
nice man! that's a great time, especially for not having a ton of passes under your belt with this setup! hearing you say you couldn't sell it makes my day. lol

droptopsnake01

N/A FTW!
Established Member
nice man! that's a great time, especially for not having a ton of passes under your belt with this setup! hearing you say you couldn't sell it makes my day. lol

Haha. You should have seen it, Perry was with us.

I pulled up to the shop and they had cleaned it and everything, it was sitting right up front. I was like "aint that some shit" lol. Then they were like go drive it and I did.

I came back and said I just can't sell this bitch. So I called the guy and told him lol.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ hahaha, nice! that's all it takes sometimes is getting the car out and stretching its legs to make you wonder what you were thinking...so was the guy dissappointed then?

Nazman

Established Member
Congrats! Nice 60fts!

That pic on the staging lanes ready to launch is very nice! Loved it!

One note, if the plug gap changed, it was due to pre-iginition and/or mild detonation.

I would check the tune.

Ill be going to to the track tomorrow my self! Last time it went [email protected] as I roll on the streets!

Tomorrow, Ill take off my dual 10" sub-woofer box, amps, and skinies and drop some weight....give her hell! NA FTW! lol!

Glad you are keeping the car!

Naz

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Not going to do it.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::pepper::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::burnout::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::dancenana::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::-D:-D:-D:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread