New Best with Hellion Twins

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Well, I wasted time trying to leave off too much 2-step, tried multiple times changing pressure, struts, etc. First pass 1.41, 5.2 psi, then started shaking the tires. Went back and added 2 psi boost, 2 more tire pressure and softened front struts. Immediately blew tires off. I was running out of time and someone that would know said, "lower that 2 step off 3800 rpm, or just leave off foot break and just get down the track!" So I added considerably more boost and left to a blazing 1.56 (haha) and 6.0 @ 121.7. Yes, I let off because I could just feel the track manager cussing me from the tower. 9.89@104. lol. Overall happy with the reliability this last year with the 9.5 Aluminator, E85, Hellion Twins and TSS tune. Very conservative, with no lockup under full throttle, (maybe saving my 6R80?) Hot lapped it and couldn't improve on this time. End of season :(

Last edited:

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
Very Nice! That's awesome 1/8 mph!:rockon:

I can't believe you let off at the last outing of the year! :nonono: if it was close to 8's who cares if they ask you to leave! Lol!

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
He is really good friends with the owners and puts on an event there once a year so he didn't want to piss them off too bad. LOL

Nice run!

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
He is really good friends with the owners and puts on an event there once a year so he didn't want to piss them off too bad. LOL

Nice run!

Yes, I run the Ford vs Buick shootout at this track. He told me to slow it down on my 9.3 pass a few months ago, and this was on a faster pass. Need to keep the track on my good side.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
So I guess I'll need a 6 pt bar or something when I come up? LOL!

They seem to being lenient on the new cars until they start running in the 9's. Just wait till your last qualifying pass before you run 9's, you will (may) get a warning. Then let it fly in the finals. Like I said, I can't play that game, because he knows my car will run 8's if I turn the wick up. I played the (slow 60ft) game at this years shootout, and ran out the back at almost 149, and he gave me the "shaking my head" at the awards ceremony. You on the other hand, LET IT FLY!

bmoney50

Established Member
Your car is a bad machine Blake. I have been booted once for going 10.50 at a TNT. I have run multiple 10.0s and a 9.99 and they haven't said a word since. I appreciate you and BJ running stupid fast so they notice my slow car!

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Awesome!!! Shows alot of promise. What wheel and tire setup you running?

Bogart, 275 Pro. 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread