new best...

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
hey guys, i guess i should be a little more happy that i got a new best , but i know the car has more in it and i didnt get the chance to get it. to make a long story short, the first few runs (nice and cooled down) , i missed gears out of stupidity. i usually put the seat up , nice and close to the wheel with the back up to get more leverage on the shifter. anyway , i never did that. so when i launched the car and was banging gears , i wasnt really positioned good to be throwing the shifter the way i usually do. but , im not gonna make excuses , i fugged up. anyway after 3 runs on motor , of me realizing what the problem was , i put the seat up and went 11.16 @ 125.69 on a 1.71 60'. which i was pretty happy about , since i knew the car would easily go 10.90 on motor with a proper cool down @ 126+. then i decided to put the spray in the car. but at this point my confidence in my shifting was not there. i only made it down the track once , out of 4 passes. so i decided to just take it for a pass on spray short shifting at 5800. i came out great, with a 1.61 60' and shifted away at 5800, to come around and see my slip say 10.85 @ 129.58. the bad part is, i wasnt really happy about it, because i knew if i really layed into it and wasnt worried about me missing agear, i would have ran better . on top of that , i realized , i didnt turn my bap on , which i made more power with. so i turned the bap on , came around again and on 1.66 60' , i went 11.02 @ 128.26, holding on for dear life, while the car was going hard left into the center of the lanes. i came nches from hitting the box. the car is wild up top , do to the fact i run my 18" chromies up front with 26x10.5x16 et streets out back, it sways pretty bad. anyway , i decided to let the car cool down. about 45 minutes later, i pulled up to do my burnout, and my battery light flashes on and my gauges go nuts , while im doing my burnout. i pull out and drive around , the parking lot , trying to figure out whats goin on. it stops happening, so i go back in. start my burnout again, and it happens again. so once again i pull out. i hooked up a volt meter and the car was overcharging , going way past 16 volts . so i decided to take a pass anyway, which was dumb , but i was determined to get a good pass out of the day. so i go right back in and do another burnout (3rd one), so the car is hot as hell at this point. i pull up , launch with a 1.69 60' and had no idea where i was shifting , cause my gauges were going nuts all the way down the track, i still managed to pull off a 10.90 @ 129.59. so that shows a little what the car is capable of. needless to say my day was over and cut short. over all im happy, i drove a long way , ran 10's twice and didnt break anything , besides my POS alternator , that has crapped out on me 5 times within 2-3 months. obviously , i have a little gremlin , that i have to find.

p.s. - this was done at full weight, 3800+ with me in it , still a "real cobra" , irs and 6 speed.

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
2003 Svt Cobra - Black, K&N, Flowmasters, Nittos

1987 Buick Grand National - Black, Fast
Broke down and bought one, huh?
I've seen you on TB.com commenting about Cobras...figured it was a matter of time.
Congrats.
Nice times, venemous!!!
I'd be curious to see how a 255-50/16 ET Street Radial would work for you.
S.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Snorman said:
[/b]Broke down and bought one, huh?
I've seen you on TB.com commenting about Cobras...figured it was a matter of time.
Congrats.

Lol, thats funny as hell, thanks Snorman. I remember you from tb.com as well, and the corral too I think. I never forget a guy who is smart enough to be both a gn and a mustang fan. Yeah I finally found the right one, at the right price, in the right color, and pulled the trigger. Congrats again to you though VENOMOUS03COBRA, very respectable numbers...striker

YGETV8

Established Member
striker_29 said:
I never forget a guy who is smart enough to be both a gn and a mustang fan.

I resemble that remark!

Great times, venomous! Sorry 'bout the little thread hijacking!

WicK

2 fast 4 u
Established Member
deff nice john congrats on the 10s yet again lol i wish i could trap 125 and change, best i got so far was 124, you're power shifting right?

Users who are viewing this thread