New Board Member from AK

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Hello all,
So it's been a bit since I joined the board, but wanted to wait to post up my introduction until I had some pics of the truck seein how I knew they'd be requested.

I'm a new member to the L community, but definately not a new member to tuning. I've had a 10 second street Supra and a couple low 12 second DSM's. This truck is so far my favorite because of the thing I am so unaccustomed to...having a multipurpose vehicle with a bed...that can still run with the sports cars on the road.

I'm reading and learning a lot, stockpiling parts, and can't hardly wait for the winter to come so I can de-comission the truck and install all these parts. If I get a break from work, hopefully I can start the modding this summer still. My goal is mid 12's and 400-450 HP with bolt ons, until I can find a block to start an engine build on. Here's the pics....

IMG_5609.gif

IMG_5610.gif

IMG_5616.gif

IMG_5611.gif

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Yeah, the truck was originally purchased in AK. It's a one owner truck that came with all the original paperwork.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Nice.. mid 12s huh?

IMO:
6lb lower
Ported eaton
e-fan
long tube tractions bars
FTVB
Tune pushing 11.8a/f up in third

That will get you into a high 12 on street tires. And into the mid to low 12s on some sticky ones.
Just watch the IAT2 temps when up in third gear. If it's pushing much more than 160F you'll need to add some fuel to ward off detonation.

If you have the money.. a long tube header will be a good power increase when spinning the eaton with a 6lb lower.

Rich

Last edited:

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
I'm planning on buying some OBX long tubes and doing a Bassani cat-back. I know...I know...it's like prince and the popper setup, but everybody seems to be liking the OBX's and they seem to be worth the try for $600 as opposed to 12-1400 for other long tubes.

Right now, what I'm planning on is this;

OBX long tubes
cat-back (Bassani or Magnaflow)
JLT Big Air intake kit
Single blade throttle body
4lb lower
ported blower
FTVB
e-fan
trac bars
d-shaft loop
oil seperator
Predator tune
MAFia
upgrade to at least a 90mm MAF, possibly a SCT 2600 (? need to read on them more) MAF's
LC-1 Wideband
some DR's for the track

Like I said, I need to read more on the MAF upgrades. I don't think going too large is a problem, as it gives more "play" to grow into over time...as long as it can be tuned for up front with the upgrades I want.

And of course all of my cosmetic stuff, which I'm sure will yeild HUGE HP gains...especially the stickers I want!!

Last edited:

RMoore92

Established Member
I'm planning on buying some OBX long tubes and doing a Bassani cat-back. I know...I know...it's like prince and the popper setup, but everybody seems to be liking the OBX's and they seem to be worth the try for $600 as opposed to 12-1400 for other long tubes.

Right now, what I'm planning on is this;

OBX long tubes
cat-back (Bassani or Magnaflow)
JLT Big Air intake kit
Single blade throttle body
4lb lower
ported blower
FTVB
e-fan
trac bars
d-shaft loop
oil seperator
Predator tune
MAFia
upgrade to at least a 90mm MAF, possibly a SCT 2600 (? need to read on them more) MAF's
LC-1 Wideband
some DR's for the track

Like I said, I need to read more on the MAF upgrades. I don't think going too large is a problem, as it gives more "play" to grow into over time...as long as it can be tuned for up front with the upgrades I want.

And of course all of my cosmetic stuff, which I'm sure will yeild HUGE HP gains...especially the stickers I want!!

Good list to start with. You won't need the MAFia if you get a SCT2600 MAF.

NoAllies

Boost-A-Holic
Established Member
Good list to start with. You won't need the MAFia if you get a SCT2600 MAF.

Thanks for the input. I think if I get it to the level those parts should take me to, I'll be happy with it for a while. Eventually I am going to want to go cammed/built and at that point I'll do a larger lower and upper pulley setup. Most likely step up to a Whipple at some point.

With our altitude and dense air up here in AK, it should do pretty well if I can get off the line well at the track.

I really need to figure out what I want to do for lowering. The stock ride height is killin me.

Dr. Matt

Dr. Matt
Established Member
When you get back to town you can see the stance on mine to get an idea of how they look lowered. Couple other things you may want to consider are a colder set of plugs, a valve body to improve your shifting, and possibly a Tru-Trac. Once the stock diffs get a few miles on them the clutches wear out and you get lame one wheel peel. Also yours probly has 3.55 gears, and the 3.73's are a little better suited to the power/weight of our trucks. Otherwise looks like a good list to start with. Wait till you drive mine, I bet your list will grow.

P.S.
I just bought a zex kit, 10's here we come.

88 347 stroker

Established Member
nice to see someone from alaska on the forum, i was born in anchorage and spent my first few years of my life living in palmer until the military moved up to the lower 48. still have lots of family in eagle river, welcome and nice truck

Users who are viewing this thread