New Bogarts and roll bar (pics inside)!

DMotorsports

Established Member
Finally got the car back from my tuner and had a chance to take it to the track for the first time. I'm very pleased with everything. The roll bar and tuning was done by Greg Mayton at Speedy Dyno in Owensboro, KY. He also was able to order the wheels for an excellent price. If there is anyone in the western KY area looking for a tuner, I cannot recommend Greg enough. He is a class act, and his fees are more than fair. Apparently this is one of the first sets of wheels that Bogart has done in this design for the GT500. They are the Eliminator series.

As far as my track results, the best 1/4 was an 11.37. My average was probably around 11.5-11.6 (when I hit all the gears). My best 60' was a 1.52, which I am very pleased with :rockon:, with several others in the 1.50's. Trap speeds were consistently 121-122 mph. There is definitely more to be had in the quarter with some better shifting. I was granny-shifting most of the day after getting excited and missing gears a few times on the first few runs:bash:. Practice, practice, practice..

Enjoy the pics! :beer:

IMG_1548.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

A view from the side

IMG_1534.jpg

Roll bar from Drivers side

IMG_1535.jpg

With swing-out deployed

IMG_1531.jpg

Another view of the roll bar

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

Front Bogart.

IMG_1526.jpg

Front Bogart close-up

IMG_1527.jpg

Rear Bogart

IMG_1528.jpg

Rear Bogart close-up

Last edited:

DMotorsports

Established Member
Very, very nice. What other mods do you done to the car? Did Greg get you the tires as well?

Thanks. The mods are listed in my signature. He did get me the tires as well. He was a able to locate a set of rears that had 4-5 passes on them for $150 for the set. Those tires normally go for $200 a piece new. I'd have to look at the invoice again to remember exactly what the fronts went for. Like I said, his prices are more than fair.

Last edited:

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
Just a comment you should check out--the cross bar for your shoulder harness attachment seems awful low!! Correct me if I'm wrong but that bar should be installed no more than 4" below the driver's shoulders or to the side bar to meet NHRA rules.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Looks good, not gotta get some ETs!

Just a comment you should check out--the cross bar for your shoulder harness attachment seems awful low!! Correct me if I'm wrong but that bar should be installed no more than 4" below the driver's shoulders or to the side bar to meet NHRA rules.

I was thinking the same thing. looks like 5" is the reg.

rollbar.gif

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Ahh you ran at BB over the weekend. I'm thinking about running there this weekend but not sure yet. Ask Greg about May 21st at US60 and if you would like to come and run you're more than welcomed to. It's an 1/8th mile track but we'll have it for 5 to 6 hours for a rental.

armycook1981 you're invited also if you would like to come and run.

armycook1981

Established Member
Posi if u have a ported gt500 blower and plenum already waiting hit me up if u go.

me and a group are thinking bout heading back up but weather forecast doesn't look pretty. we could save on shipping lol but hit me up as I have an idea if ur willing

I think the flyer said fun something gates open at 5pm?

Were is us 60?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

correct

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Posi if u have a ported gt500 blower and plenum already waiting hit me up if u go.

me and a group are thinking bout heading back up but weather forecast doesn't look pretty. we could save on shipping lol but hit me up as I have an idea if ur willing

I think the flyer said fun something gates open at 5pm?

Were is us 60?

US 60 is in Hardinsburg, Ky. The other stuff I'll shoot you a pm to keep it out of the op's thread.

DMotorsports

Established Member
Ahh you ran at BB over the weekend. I'm thinking about running there this weekend but not sure yet. Ask Greg about May 21st at US60 and if you would like to come and run you're more than welcomed to. It's an 1/8th mile track but we'll have it for 5 to 6 hours for a rental.

armycook1981 you're invited also if you would like to come and run.

I'll have to check my schedule to see if I'm off that day. If so, I'll definitely be interested. Thanks for the invite!

Good observation. I got in the car to check, and it appears that it is fine for me. I'm not very tall.

Hey man I own the blk swapped gt500 u ran.

Watched you run a few times what frog suspension do u run.. You were liftingthe front ever shift

I'm running stock springs and shocks right now. I think I would probably benefit most from some adjustable dampers to help with that. Correct me if I'm wrong. The car seems to be hooking really well with the factory springs, actually.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I've put a lot of time and money into this thus far ( as all of you are well aware), but I fear this is only the beginning. :).

Users who are viewing this thread