New Boss setup!

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Weight reduction is subjective. Shit I could have started off 200lbs lighter with a base model lol.

Doing exhaust is technically weight reduction. None of these cars were gutted.

I don't even understand the argument, CJ guys are taking out weight reduction too. If it's not as extreme , guess what? They haven't ran faster then AED/JJ/danner/wbt so your argument sucks

It's ok. You're upset man. You wanna see the difference I'll gladly show you on both topics 3.31s and the CJ. Sadly there's too many miles between us. I'm more than confident I'll pull you from a dig and a roll. If your up for the trip. I'm up for the lesson :)

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Nobody is upset lol...Just some very valid points being brought up that are hard for some people to hear...At the end of the day a LOT of it comes down to who your tuner is too!! Hence why I've got locals running on stock intakes what other brag about running with LT's and various other mods lol...

SCalla1384

Established Member
It's ok. You're upset man. You wanna see the difference I'll gladly show you on both topics 3.31s and the CJ. Sadly there's too many miles between us. I'm more than confident I'll pull you from a dig and a roll. If your up for the trip. I'm up for the lesson :)

I'll be in CT this weekend, make the trip and well make it happen ;)

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Nobody is upset lol...Just some very valid points being brought up that are hard for some people to hear...At the end of the day a LOT of it comes down to who your tuner is too!! Hence why I've got locals running on stock intakes what other brag about running with LT's and various other mods lol...

Either way is fine. Coming from a guy that had a boss setup. The CJ is noticeably faster down low/mid/and up top I've yet to see someone swap then change back or feel impartial. Various dyno graphs posted here support that as well as track times.

Ironically a few of us have the same tuner and yet our "advice" seems to vary which I find interesting. At the end of the day, only you need to be happy with your car no one else. Stock manifold, boss manifold, CJ manifold, or no manifold.

I'm just waiting for the threads on cams to become more relevant and we'll see comp s3 clearly making 50 whp as opposed to cobrajet exhaust cams making 20 whp and people trying to call them equal.

Shrug

TexasStang4585

Snake eater
Established Member

Elwood617

Established Member
You N/A guys crack me up.......

Who cares about 450rwhp, pretty Boring if you ask me :sleeping:

F.I. FTW!

I'm building a track car that is at home on a road course as it is on a drag track. After I'm done with my build, I'll see how it is on a tight course/ auto cross. If it's still manageable, I might throw some low boost at it. But I'm planning on an 11.5:1 build. So, no high boost heroics for me :)

Justin81

Established Member
When you switch over to these intakes does the car automatically just continue to pull past 7000? Is it like unlocking 500-1000 RPM's? I will remain on stock headers but I do have a catless H-pipe. I just don't know if I would feel comfortable watching my tack go past 7000.

Also, For you M6 guys, what are you doing to alleviate the shifting issues with the Mt-82 at high RPM's? That's one of my concerns. I'm already having trouble going in 4th at 7000.

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
When you switch over to these intakes does the car automatically just continue to pull past 7000? Is it like unlocking 500-1000 RPM's? I will remain on stock headers but I do have a catless H-pipe. I just don't know if I would feel comfortable watching my tack go past 7000.

Also, For you M6 guys, what are you doing to alleviate the shifting issues with the Mt-82 at high RPM's? That's one of my concerns. I'm already having trouble going in 4th at 7000.

Swapping the manifold doesn't just unlock 1000 rpm's...You have to have this built into your tune by your tuner and then you can safely take it to 7500+ as long as your tuner has built in the cam timing, AF, etc into the tune for those rpm's. I wouldn't recommend revving to 7,700 every time you hit the gas though lol

Elwood617

Established Member

High quality brake fluid with high boil temp, removed helper spring, MGW shifter. Once I started launching harder, I put Che torque limiters in to hold the transmission still, and I have a WOT box for drag racing.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member

With tune adjustments yes in a round about way. My car has 11,500 miles of 7800 rpm shifts no problems. Shaun does some trick things to make manuals shift better even. He's a genius!!

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I did the barton shifter first, and it helped my 2-3.
Did the Clutch line and fluid next and it was ... marginal i guess, it certainly couldn't have hurt
The helper spring is what i feel made the biggest impact. I love the feel of my Barton shifter, but i think its impact on shifting is subjective, as far as missing gears, the helper spring made the biggest impact.

Also, one thing a buddy and i noticed is you can't pull straight down to go into 4th, you almost have to pull it a hair to the right. I have a ball shifter and normally grasp it with my pinky downwards towards the transmission tunnel and my palm towards me if that makes sense. The only time that grip changes is when I'm shifting into 4th, i'll actually flip my palm to the other side, so my pinky is up and it naturally gives it a little bump to the right when i pull down for 4th and it goes in every time. Just pulling straight down with the first grip is usually hit or miss for 4th.

davsta

All Motor
Established Member
I'm not saying some basic stuff axle weights/ spare/bigs & littles. But kdanner/wbt/Shaun/ etc... Had ALOT more reduction than that when they were ripping off high 10 passes. Not saying it wasn't possible clearly it was.

Not every example....

Hand Ported
L&M TB 82MM
3760 w driver
Pump E85

Last edited:

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member

Nothing, got lucky I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread